LegacyGT.com

Help for a 95 LSI Wagon Alarm

Anybody have any experience/suggestions on tracking down shorts in the OEM alarm system on a 95 LSI wagon? It goes off for no apparent reason and very randomly. It will be sitting in the driveway and go off. Seems to happen almost always in the daytime. Once I go out and unlock/lock the driver's door it will go off.

I suspect a short someplace that must be affected by the car cooling down or heating up (from sitting in the sun, I guess).

2nd question is how to dis-arm the system. It doesn't have remote entry so it is just plain key. Owner's manual doesn't show any fuse that I could remove to shut it off.

Thanks for your help.

Ed in Albuquerque

it is probably being set off by your neighbors remote. my 97 obw did this when i didn't have a remote for it. my wife's chevy impala work car would activate the panic on my car. as soon as i bought and programmed a remote for my car it stopped. the remotes come with a specific ID and the alarm systems ''learn'' the remotes ID. programming a new remote will change what the car is looking for and what will activate it.

i suspect that the default ''frequency'' for the alarm system is pretty generic and is shared. or that it is incomplete and therefore it is more likely to have a false activation.

buy a remote ($30) and program it and i bet your problem goes away.

i guess you could save the money and just borrow someone's remote. just make sure you don't spend any time close to each other.

Archived