LegacyGT.com

Yet, Another Coolant Leak.

ok.. got another coolant leak.. this time its around the thermostat. but its not that. its looks like its coming out between the timeing belt cover and the block.

what can a leak in the area be from.. list all..

thermostat gasket. which is new in the last 2000 miles. lower radiator hose is new.

what is high up on the motor in that area.

there is a hole where coolant will leak when your water pump starts to go

/\ what he said.

there is a weep hole in the pump housing usually near where the shaft goes in. when the internal, non replaceable, seal on the water pump goes it starts to leak out of the weep hole.

when was the timing belt last done?

was the water pump done then?

how many miles on the car? water pump?

miles and last down are hard to till... the car has 340. the motor has 220. the rebuild has under 80 to 90.. and i dont know if the pump was changed.. i just know that the bearings and rings and head gaskets are all new. make me worry. maybe i should be thinking about that 100k timing maintaince.

the car has recently but making a funny squeel with the rpm rev. maybe its the water pump?

yea. well iv been considering getting a new car. i cant just cheap dumping money into this thing, its a pos and it took me awhile to accept it. now i need to sell or part out. and NO i dont have the rear cup holders dont ask. id be selling things like my brakes, lift kit spacers. very cheap. or i need to head to some local ice races and stick a for sale sign on it.. when i was at the races anyone asked what i place and when i told them i dont run with it, they all looked the same. like disappointed and like Whooat! you gotta run!!

Archived