LegacyGT.com

07 2.5i na tuning

Vinny78

just put kn typoon short ram inatke on my car had to do some modifications to get it to fit being it was for gt, then put gimmick cat back exhaust on. Does my car need to be tuned now or should it be ok? Car runs good and i reset the ecm, since i reset the the ecm should it just relearn itself to that exhaust and intake or do i need it tuned? like i said car runs strong and good just curious any suggestion

Your MAF scaling is definitely off. It expects to see less air than what is actually coming in and that will lean out the top end as well which is generally a problem on tuned cars. With stock rich fueling you should still be running a bit rich in WOT conditions. This leaning out may add a bit more power to an untuned car as well as at WOT and high rpm where it would have called for 9.6:1 it is now probably seeing a ratio of closer to 10.6:1.

There is the "D" a/f learning range though which will apply correction to every maf point above 40 g/s. If this number were a large positive of say 10% it would pretty much negate the leaning out effect. If it were -10% you could be running too lean.

I'm not entirely sure on the safest a/f ratio for NA applications but I believe you are going to be well within your stock tunes margin of safety. If you have the ability to read the ecu, capture a Learning View screen shot after a few days of various driving. (This app may or may not be compatible with your ECU as of now).

Archived