LegacyGT.com

Did Saab have a Legacy spinoff?

Also the 9-2x aero AWD decided to do away with the 2.0 Turbo boxer option as it had terrible turbo lag on anything below 3k on the tach. In 06' (last year production) the Aero 9-2x had a 2.5L turbo charged boxer mated to a 5spd MT producing 230HP and 235 trq. Everyone on here talks about how NOT to try to turbo the 2.5GT BD engine because it's internals are just too weak. The 2006 Lego/WRX was already utilizing a 2.5L turbo. Was it mated with a 5spd or did it only come in a 6spd? An interesting deal to read about the Sweeds turning Japanese for 05'-06'

Was it mated with a 5spd or did it only come in a 6spd? An interesting deal to read about the Sweeds turning Japanese for 05'-06'

The Swedes didn't. GM did. GM owned Saab and a large part of Fuji Heavy Ind. (Subaru's parent company) at the time so they did some "platform sharing". ;)

Also, the 6 speed was only an STi goodie back then.

Those look like WRX seats to me.

They may only:

"Saab's Active Head Restraints have been incorporated into the front seats, unlike the fixed headrest seats in the 2005-2007 WRX."

Also there was some suspension stuff:

"The rear suspension arms are in aluminum, with further reduction of unsprung weight achieved by using plastic in place of heavier components, bushings unique to the Saab, and the dampers recalibrated. The steering has been made more responsive and exact in the Aero by using the steering rack shared by the STI version of the WRX, which features a quicker 15.0:1 steering ratio, more rigidly mounted steering hardware and stiffer chassis bushings."

Funny how you are discovering this now, if you were to go back to say 2005 there was a ton of buzz about this model, but it mostly forgotten now.

It seems like your lack of knowledge of the Impreza is making you think this model was more "exclusive" than it really was.

With the benefit of hindsight now, we know the 05 9-2X was sort of a "pull forward" of 06 WRX anyways. All of the improvements it featured were later incorporated into the WRX.

aluminum arms, STI 15:0 rack, 2.5L (06) with 5MT, all hardware featured on the 06 WRX, in addition the WRX got the 4-pot/2-pot red brakes that the Saabaru did not get. Don't know why you are wondering "how the 2.5L 5mt felt" the WRX has had this combo for 6 years now, go drive one!

Interior of the Saab is the same as the updated 06 WRX, with different color combos. Saab badge on the steering wheel, and the seats are the only difference. The seats are the base seats from the stripper "WRX TR" model, with Saab headrests. Side air-bags have been standard on the WRX since 02

The "seats and console" you might want to swap are pretty much the same, see above. The "tall" armrest you show in once picture is the JDM Impreza extension. If you truly want the seats, just check out any DIY/guides here for swapping 02-07 WRX/STI seats, the mounting is the same.

WRX Limited had mostly the same luxury features as the Saabaru, heated seats/mirrors/windshield. HIDs were still a 9-2x exclusive.

Well Power6 that was slightly bourgeois of you....my "lack of knowledge" and "barely finding out now". Geez wiz, I've only just entered the Sube world and already people are kinda snooty. I'm just seeking to learn more. No need to be sort of rude.

At least I was using the search keys and came across this and just asked some further questions. I've got a 2.5 GT 5spd so I'm very interested if anyone has used the Saaburu's interior or had an economical swap out of the parts in any capacity. Doesn't look like it's ever been done from what the answers on this 3 page thread say. On the BD second Gen 2.5GT POV, I'm sort of fascinated on anyway I can mod my car with bolt on parts from other cars.

Thanks for the snide verbal sodomy.....

Thanks for the snide verbal sodomy.....

Sorry about that please accept my apologies, I didn't mean to offend, just meant to say "the Saab 9-2x is an Impreza". If you do some looking into how the WRX relates to the Legacy then you will learn about the 92-X because it is an Impreza. If you take it offensively rather than constructively that is up to you.

There is a lot of info out there, particularly Nasioc or wherever Impreza/WRX people hang out.

Tons of Subaru stuff swaps around, and if you have an older Legacy the situation is especially good, I do think the seats are the same bolt pattern. I know brakes, suspension etc all swap to the BD from the GC and GD/GG Impreza, see your local BD Legacy forums for caveats. The BP/BL Legacy introduced a number of new design features that made swapping some parts more difficult to the earlier models.

^ Thank you very much for that. Thats the kind of constructive post that I wanted to hear. I've only been under my BD for 3 months. I can't wait to start my plight with parts for the car. Starting with the brakes first since the rotors came warped when I bought her. My car is under 100k and has a ton of potential if I build her up in a tasteful way.

Power6 thanks you one more time for lending some knowledge to a new scoobie owner that is excited as heck!!

Archived