LegacyGT.com

BBK On '09 Spec B

Corny357

IMO most of the BBKs that fit under the stock wheel are really not worth getting IMO. not to say you should'nt get a bbk, but if you are just trying to improve braking, a better set of brake pads will make a world of difference. Other than track duty, BBK's are mostly for the bling factor.

i know that some wilwood, rotora and racing brake kits fit under 05-07 lgt wheels. it would be reasonable to assume that they would also fit spec b wheels. you could also run a 5-10mm spacer which should help you clear sti brembos and most other bbks, if you insist on keeping your stock wheels.

Yeah, I would imagine the spoke design of the 08/09 spec b wheels would make it a no-go. My real reason for wanting a BBK (other than the aesthetics) is to remove the mush feel from the brake pedal. I like a much firmer, more sensitive pedal with less required travel. I understand SS lines and bleeding the brake fluid would be a good start, as well as brake pads, however, I'm not sure what pads to go with. I want something with a good bite, obviously, but I need them to have good operation at very low temperatures. Suggestions?

i know that some wilwood, rotora and racing brake kits fit under 05-07 lgt wheels. it would be reasonable to assume that they would also fit spec b wheels. you could also run a 5-10mm spacer which should help you clear sti brembos and most other bbks, if you insist on keeping your stock wheels.

:yeahthat:

but ditch the wheels and get some brembos they are worth it

better pads will solve you problem 100% period. people seem to be happy with hawk hawk HPS. i have them on my outback and they are fine and work in the cold. if you dont care about dust or squeaking, hawk HP+ are even better and they still work in the cold better than stock pads. I have these on my LGT.

HPS are ceramic, mine have like no dust. i dont know if its the pads or slotted rotors but the braking is not great in the rain (on my brembo setup)

Just to clarify the Hawk HPS, are not ceramics, Hawk does have a ceramic pad, which I will be using come spring time.

So +1 vote for StopTech streets. There's metallic and ceramic. Any votes for those? According to StopTech's chart on the link up above, those look pretty good too. Lookin for good bite, and good all weather/temperature performance.

How bad is the dust and squeaking? What about like StopTech pads? Those caught my attention. Metallic, ceramic, etc...?

http://www.stoptech.com/Products/high_performance_pads.shtml

dusty enough that your wheel will be very dusty after 2 weeks, and they squeek when coming to a stop with light braking. otherwise, HP+ is better then any of the pads people are suggesting here. Stoptech pads are 'eh. HP+ are where its at if you want the car to stop now.

The Stoptech Street Perf. pads dust abit more than Hawk HPS - the Hawk's "hide" the dust, because they give off brown dust as opposed to black.

I find the Stoptech Street Perf. better than HPS's in everyway - and they don't squeak, me and alot of other's find them better than "eh".

Archived