LegacyGT.com

2006 #287 had an accident

gt_specb

got ii, I test drive the 11 STI and was blown away, it is superb machine. It is a very difficult choice i have to make between 2011 GT and 2011 STI.

Cant even compare the cars anymore honestly... :(

If you want a big car to hold a bunch of people, cruise on the highway, and roll around town easily... 2011 GT

If you want a real driving experience... 2011 STi hands down.

The GT is just too disconnected anymore :S Cable trans, no LSD, bulky, lack of supportive seats... Its an AWD camry :(

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

The GT is just too disconnected anymore :S Cable trans, no LSD, bulky, lack of supportive seats... Its an AWD camry :(

Yeah i kinda felt that way, now here is teh deal. I have one kid 7 years old. I loved the STI but I don't wanna be branded as a street races because I drive a STI.

That said I do not want to drive the toyota's, honda's, the mazda's and many others.

I like the BMW's especially the M3 and the M5 but both are very expensive to maintain (at least that's what I have heard).

Yeah i kinda felt that way, now here is teh deal. I have one kid 7 years old. I loved the STI but I don't wanna be branded as a street races because I drive a STI.

That said I do not want to drive the toyota's, honda's, the mazda's and many others.

I like the BMW's especially the M3 and the M5 but both are very expensive to maintain (at least that's what I have heard).

Yea, that throws a wrench in the mix. Gotta take care of the kid and not get stupid ricers instigating.

What price are you wanting to stay in? Want a brand new car, or a used car? Do you need the AWD?

The IS350 is classy, quick, kid friendly, and doesnt get the attention of the STi. But its pricy when new.

Of course, you bought the LGT cause it was what you wanted originally... So maybe just find a good used one, unless you've experienced the pain of knowledge like I have and now you want something insane :) lol

Yea, that throws a wrench in the mix. Gotta take care of the kid and not get stupid ricers instigating.

What price are you wanting to stay in? Want a brand new car, or a used car? Do you need the AWD?

The IS350 is classy, quick, kid friendly, and doesnt get the attention of the STi. But its pricy when new.

Of course, you bought the LGT cause it was what you wanted originally... So maybe just find a good used one, unless you've experienced the pain of knowledge like I have and now you want something insane :) lol

Do I need a AWD? That is the question I have been asking myself. I have shortlisted the following, all used 2009/2010 year models except Audi which is 2011.

Lexus ISF (2010), M3 Sedan (2010), C63 (2009 and 2010) and Audi S4 (2011)

C63 is great to drive but as a daily driver I am still thinking. My wife and kid loved the C63, wait till I take them in M3 and ISF :lol:

That said I need to park the car at the train station 2-3 days a week when I work in SF. That is a little scary even though my legacy was never touched or mishandled there. I always park in open though.:confused:

Audi S4 looks more practical with the quattro and all, but the Audi sales lady told me that they sell very quickly, so price negotiating is a question. I am always scepticle about the German electronics as it is very confusing to use. In Audi to switch the heated seat and use the AC I had to use 3 clicks. First the heated seats will shut off the AC. then start the AC and set the temp. None of the German cars come with touch screen Nav.

All these go 0-60 in 4.3 to 4.9 seconds. When we go skiing we take the Pilot, for other uses we can use this car. Wife is saying get which ever car you want. I am totally confused in deciding.

Do I need a AWD? That is the question I have been asking myself. I have shortlisted the following, all used 2009/2010 year models except Audi which is 2011.

Lexus ISF (2010), M3 Sedan (2010), C63 (2009 and 2010) and Audi S4 (2011)

C63 is great to drive but as a daily driver I am still thinking. My wife and kid loved the C63, wait till I take them in M3 and ISF :lol:

That said I need to park the car at the train station 2-3 days a week when I work in SF. That is a little scary even though my legacy was never touched or mishandled there. I always park in open though.:confused:

Audi S4 looks more practical with the quattro and all, but the Audi sales lady told me that they sell very quickly, so price negotiating is a question. I am always scepticle about the German electronics as it is very confusing to use. In Audi to switch the heated seat and use the AC I had to use 3 clicks. First the heated seats will shut off the AC. then start the AC and set the temp. None of the German cars come with touch screen Nav.

All these go 0-60 in 4.3 to 4.9 seconds. When we go skiing we take the Pilot, for other uses we can use this car. Wife is saying get which ever car you want. I am totally confused in deciding.

I hate you for that part in bold... ;)

I've looked at all those cars as well and its a huge toss up. The biggest thing that's holding me back from any of them is purely the lack of space. Needing/wanting a car thats a little bigger :(

All the cars in that list are nice, but as you mentioned, the german cars can have some quirks. And the bigger part is the cost of maintenance in the long run. The ISF is the most bland looking in comparison (IMO) but its got a good overall package. Doesnt out do in any particular category, but has a very complete package overall.

I am still against the thought of GM, but its hard to be against the figures the CTS-V puts down. It's a great car for the money and has a beast of a motor. It could also be confused for a regular CTS by people who dont know much about it, so it may get a little less attention at a parking lot? But thats just a guess.

Its a hard choose, but I think that in the end, whichever one is bought will be enjoyed to its fullest extent :)

how about a 328xi sedan? get the bmw interior, normally aspirated engine = less headaches (fuelpumps etc) and it's still AWD with a great driving experience. throw some KW coils on it and it'd be a fun but practical car still. no ricer look haha. certainly not as fast as the M3 or prob not even your spec B but it'd prob suffice.

Care to explain why? I'm not saying its wrong, just that I'm kinda in the same boat, debating on what I want and I'd like to know why you're going this route.

I test drove the following cars:

1) 2011 STI.

2) 2010 Legacy GT

3) BMW 550i.

4) BMW 535Xi GT

5) M3. (4.3)

6) M5.

7) C63. (4.3)

8) E63.

9) Audi S4 (4.9)

10 CTS-V

11 LS-F (4.3)

Out of which I am really hesitant about going GM way. I liked the M3 and the M5 a lot but after talking with 6 M3 owner friends and 3 individual mechanics everyone i talked recommended me to stay away from the German cars as they will cause lots of issues. Mostly the issues will start after 60K. The oil changes for AMG and the M are around 90 to 100 range. But if there is an check engne light on the diagnostic is $350. Then the repair cost is seperate. One friend told me that he just spent 4K after his battery fried the electronics.

I liked the German cars but as I tend to keep the cars longer I prefer cars with less issues.

Audi is a very slow machine it growls one thinks that he has already crossed 100 mark but the speedo shows that it has barely reached 65. Only good thing is it is quattro. One mechanic told me that Audi's are keeping them busy, not sure what that means though. One good friend who owns a M5 told me that when one buys a German car one need to keep real deep pockets.

With all this experience I decided to stay away from the German cars.

Now in the Japanese segment there were the STI and Lexus. I liked them both. Lexus is a better looking and handling car. If the STI was without the wing I might go for it. I do not want the modified cars wanting to race me at the stoplight with my kid in the car. I drove the Lexus like i would drive in the city. Also as it is a automatic my wife can drive it too.

New Legacy is a big sedan and as someone has said it is a Camry on steroids.

That said I want to try something different from Subaru but again if the pricing does not go the way I want we will see.

Sorry to OT... How did the 535xigt stand up to the pack?

535xiGT is nice one, the engine sometimes struggles to keep up the speed. For me the hatch back is ok but some people hate it they say it is like Pointac Aztec lol. It is good driver not a fast car, but a solid cruiser. Lots of space in the back for tons of stuff.

I tried to use a sport suspension change but there is not a lot of difference. If you are interested in th GT then get the 550xi GT as one gets enough power to pull this heavy car.

Sound system is impeccable, and the other gizmoes are very nice.

I'm right there with ya on the ISF, its all the reliability and price of a Toyota with all the luxury of the upper class german cars. If you're getting the Nav with ML sound system at least. :) Dont skimp out on those things, and the heated/cooled seats... Yummy... Adaptive headlights... The list goes on.

Its a good car, just doesnt suit me for size wise (6' 3" 240lbs, and a VERY tall torso) There is almost no room in the back for someone else to sit behind me when I'm driving too. But overall, I really would love to get it if I had the ability to also keep a quad cab truck around for practical purposes.

funny my chiropractor has an m5 and told me to stay away from german cars too unless i have the $$$ to fix the problems. he already spent 15k on the older model m5 to fix its problems. he loves the car tho and said nothing drives like a german car.

Archived