LegacyGT.com

thoughts on this setup

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-2004-Subaru-Impreza-2-5RS-2-5-RS-N1-Catback-Exhaust-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ade4f9a45QQitemZ390276815429QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

looking into this new catback to replace the stolen one u guys think this will fit and still give the subie sound with the larger 4.5 muffler outs?

bolting it up to a 97 stock headers atm

Go for it, you will still need to take it to an exhaust shop and have it extended as the legacy is longer than the rs. You will also need to have a hanger moved for it to go on. But if you get it an exhaust shop will take care of fitment.

that muffler on the first set up is kinda lame found a rs in town that has a similar style and didn't like it

found a better 3" that i have heard on a friends wrx and as long as fitting is not and issue will prolly be ordering in next 2 weeks stock cat will keep enough back pressure i assume stock headers atm too.,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-2003-2004-2005-SUBARU-WRX-STI-N1-CATBACK-SYSTEM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZSubmodelQ3aWRXQQhashZitem2eb29cf780QQitemZ200565127040QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

pretty sure this won't fit. your best bet is to get yourself a good muffler (not some ebay "N1" POS) and bring it to an exhaust shop and have them put new 2.25" piping back or 2.5" if you're building the engine.

cost is the big factor. subaruguys {place in town} for a custom 2.5 and a vibrant 1047 i think is the one they use for our style car said about 250 to 300 for there set up by they also retune u after u get parts from them. they did last time i was there for intake oil change lightwieght flywheel and pully kit. hopin the exhaust will be last thing for mods for a while.

Archived