LegacyGT.com

Official Graphite Grey Metallic Thread (2010)

Tide

So, it appears that the Graphite Grey is the most popular color (on this forum at least) based on the amount of responses on this thread vs. the other colors.

Graphite Grey lovers....why do I dislike my color so much?

....not saying I dislike it as much as I would Sky Blue or Whatsit Brown....but I digress....

It just seems so :coffee: <- yeah, like that guy...hanging out....drinkin' some coffee....not much to do....not very exciting.

What I would LOVE, is to see a Gen 5 in Rally Blue like this...except in person....and with a USDM front end....

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Subaru/Subaru-Legacy-STI-25.jpg

well - i've officially run out of superfluous periods. Wait, i guess i had one left; I'll have to resort to using exclamation points!

K BAI!

Thought so. I wonder if thats how they come by him

You guys have a keen eye. Couldn't stomach the steel wheels with caps and had the dealer pop those on before leaving the dealership. Not excited about the style, but good for the time being. They look good rolling.

The Forester folks probably think the wheels they look funny. What's your opinion?

As far as the color, ours looks charcoal in the day and almost steel blue at night. I think graphite grey is one of the best colors these cars come in.

Edited by hmmrdwn
mo info

You guys have a keen eye. Couldn't stomach the steel wheels with caps and had the dealer pop those on before leaving the dealership. Not excited about the style, but good for the time being. They look good rolling.

The Forester folks probably think the wheels they look funny. What's your opinion?

As far as the color, ours looks charcoal in the day and almost steel blue at night. I think graphite grey is one of the best colors these cars come in.

I think they look WAY better than steelies with hubcaps. Did they throw them on free of charge?

My stepfather has a 2.5i Limited in GGM. That would have been my second choice. He bought it a week after I got mine without telling me. Oh, and my mom got a SSM Outback the same day, also without telling me. I pulled up to their house and said, "weird, why are there two brand new Subies sitting in their driveway?". Turns out they liked my car so much they went out and bought them too. Sorry, got a little carried away :). I ended up with SSM because that was the only 6-speed 2.5i Premium around, and it worked out because I happened to like SSM the best. If there was only a GGM in manual, I would have bought it.

I think they look WAY better than steelies with hubcaps. Did they throw them on free of charge?

My stepfather has a 2.5i Limited in GGM. That would have been my second choice. He bought it a week after I got mine without telling me. Oh, and my mom got a SSM Outback the same day, also without telling me. I pulled up to their house and said, "weird, why are there two brand new Subies sitting in their driveway?". Turns out they liked my car so much they went out and bought them too. Sorry, got a little carried away :). I ended up with SSM because that was the only 6-speed 2.5i Premium around, and it worked out because I happened to like SSM the best. If there was only a GGM in manual, I would have bought it.

Thanks. They didn't throw them in for free, but it was a fair deal. The neighbor is looking at an outback now.

Once people see how practical these cars are, they tend to look into them a little more.

The neighbor has a BMW X5 and it doesn't have enough room and is expesive to repair. The resale value is good, but he wants a Subaru. Subaru's are safe, have a great AWD system and highest resale in the industry. The gas mileage is great for an AWD system too. He is a big guy and interior room is important.

Thanks. They didn't throw them in for free, but it was a fair deal. The neighbor is looking at an outback now.

I talked to my dealer today and asked him if they would take my Premium wheels off when my car gets in and put on my LGT wheels. He said that after I take delivery of the car, they would do it. Then I asked if they would buy my Premium wheels from me, for a case such as yours where someone buys a base and wants alloys. He told me nobody ever buys a base and puts on alloys...........Really?!?

I talked to my dealer today and asked him if they would take my Premium wheels off when my car gets in and put on my LGT wheels. He said that after I take delivery of the car, they would do it. Then I asked if they would buy my Premium wheels from me, for a case such as yours where someone buys a base and wants alloys. He told me nobody ever buys a base and puts on alloys...........Really?!?

I sure as hell tried. I even said he could add $600 to the price of the car for a set of alloys and my sales'er said that they would love to do that but that's a Part's issue and isn't something they can add into the cost of a car.

I sure as hell tried. I even said he could add $600 to the price of the car for a set of alloys and my sales'er said that they would love to do that but that's a Part's issue and isn't something they can add into the cost of a car.

Dealer did it for me and included it in the deal. Got the rims, dismounted tires, mounted tires back on rims and balanced. I didn't get the old steels though. The rim price was better than any on line and wasn't charged for shipping.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r477/Soulless007/CAR.jpg

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r477/Soulless007/CAR2.jpg

Pulled the car into the shop and blacked out the grille

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r477/Soulless007/CAR3.jpg

Also pulled the wheels to black them out along with the chrome side trim. Sorry about the crappy pic.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r477/Soulless007/CAR4.jpg

The wheels, grille, and trim were all sprayed with an adhesion promoter from House Of Kolor and I used a flat black from Valspar. Just masked it off to do the trim, but I'm going to pull it off and do it over. There are a few spots like under the mirror where I didn't mask it off good enough and you can see a slight hair of chrome still.

yesterday i blacked out the grill, trim, and put in new lights from IDRVSLO. Also painted the stockers black(put a little effect on them for good measures) :).

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Derek1111111/MyLeGGy33.jpg

Haha thanks, yea yours looks great too.

Let me see a side shot of those wheels, premiums right?

Yes they are premiums. Here is an untouched up picture.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Derek1111111/2011-09-01_18-46-42_95.jpg

-edit -

check out the thread I just made to see better pictures of the wheels and everything I've done to the car if you're interested. its in the photo section.

Edited by ReGiS