LegacyGT.com

Stock clutch?

So... i was going to supper tonight just minding my own business going down a 4 lane road in th slow lane and a new camry runs right up on my butt. he rides right behind me for probably a mile or so and got fed up so i slowed way down so they would go around (fast lane was wide open). well we come up to a red light and they pull up beside me, when it turns green they take off spinning and acting a fool so i just roll out in first easy, then hit second pretty hard and stand on it... the clutch started to slip so i let off. the car is an all stock 05 lgt with 88,000. i just bought it but am pretty sure that it has the stock clutch because i got the service records and there is nothing about it being replaced. so my question is is the clutch just not real strong or am i going to be replacing it soon. i use this as a DD and don't get on it that often just every once in a while.

sorry just trying to explain the situation!! i am wondering now it i may have just not had my foot off good. i have an 85 nissan pickup that has a custom turbo on it that will slip in 3rd and 4th just due to it not being stong enough for the power. the clutch in the lgt feels good, this is the first time it has showed any sign of problems.

First time my Leggy's clutch slipped was around one year ago after a spirited autocross. I took it easy for a few weeks and the clutch came back to normal (no slip for most driving) lasted a year before it really got worse. Just finished putting in a new clutch this week at 115 k .

Archived