LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy 2.5i in SoCal

t1m0007

Hey Guys,

New here but Ive been lusting after a LGT for about 2 years now. Unfortunately, i'm a cheapskate, and Im not willing to pay for a LGT/cant find the right one for the right price. So... Ive decided it best to pick up a 2.5i for a variety of reasons.

In any event, ive done my home work. I've read everything there is to read on the subject of this vehicle as as well as financing, used car buying etc.

The dealer I'm looking to purchase from is Independent, so I went through a bit of a fiasco trying to find a lender with the right apr that will let me purchase from them. Chase seems to be the only big lender left that will do this, so im going with them (some good FYI for anyone looking to purchase).

I'm not really a huge fan of the new 2010/2011 body style and 08 09's updated styling really appeal to me.

Last bit- Manual Transmission is imperitive- Auto isnt an option.

Basic searching for the last 3 months has yielded about 2 vehicles TOTAL within a 100 mile radius of Los Angeles that meet my criteria.

So, I found it, Im going to test drive. Based on the info Ive scoured off the web the car has 19k miles, still covered under factory 36k/3yr warranty. It was a lease lien. The dude got it at auction. Chase told me their valuation is $13725 which is based on a clean trade in value from NADA (which is kind of unfair, in my opinion, but that another issue)

Im willing to bet the guy got it at auction for btw $11-$12k.

The listing is for $15,500.

My BEST offer can be 14500.

Any ideas on what would be a GOOD deal, vs a BAD deal?

KBB doesnt really help for used cars this new, its all subjective- but the dealer has had the thing on the lot for a solid 4 months (i know my bargaining chips).

Bring the noise! Hoping to hear what you guys think.

Well, if its takes you 3 months to locate 2 vehicles, pay what you think the car is worth. Sometimes, spending an extra few hundred - 1k to get what you want is important, because you will be driving the car for maybe a few years. What they guy paid isn't that important, look around to see how much others are listing their car for. I'm pretty sure their asking price is pretty reasonable for a 08/09 that has 19k.

Test drive IMO is very important. Make sure your are completely happy with with and dont settle on it because you waited so long. Keep in mind there is not much modding power potential out of a 2.5i so make sure you can deal with the power it has. It would suck for you to regret that the car does not have the power you expect

Good luck!!

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Test drive IMO is very important.

x1000

Test drive sold the LGT to us. We drove almost every mid-size sedan in the 25-40k price range and the LGT was the only one that made us say "wow" from the behind-the-wheel feel at the time. (There were quite a few very nice cars over 40k at the time)

You may find that you drive the 2.5i and are absolutely satisifed and could not imagine spending more money on extra power and worse gas mileage. You may drive a LGT and say, meh, its nice buy so what. You may not but a test drive will really let you know.

oh no another useless AWD driver in CA. j/k i hate chase with a :mad:passion:mad: try wells fargo bank they might give you a better interest rate.

Haha, Touché sir. Im a snowboard weekend warrior- Tahoe Trip coming up end of next month. Gotta be ready!

14,5 is alright imo, esp given the fact that you've been searching for some time for a vehicle like this. like others have said, it's prob worth it to pay the slight bit extra to get what you want.

i drive a 2.5i and for a commuter vehicle, it's sufficient, there are occasional times where i get the itch for more power but on the whole it does alright. feel free to check out the normally aspirated section of the forum and take a look at the FAQ for 2.5i mods to see what direction you can go in.

so today was unpleasant. I went down there, bargaining chips in hand and these jackwagons wouldnt budge. 15200 was the "very best" they could do. Now, i may be making a stink over whats essentially a cup of coffee's worth of premium a month over the 15000 that was my best offer. but i mean- come on. And to add insult to injury, the asshole pretty much asked me to leave. They're willing to bet that I'll cave. F* 'em. I'll keep you guys posted- i really want this damn car. Its drives like a dream- and in LA, the LGT power doesnt make much a diff to me. GRRRRRRR :nono:

so today was unpleasant. I went down there, bargaining chips in hand and these jackwagons wouldnt budge. 15200 was the "very best" they could do. Now, i may be making a stink over whats essentially a cup of coffee's worth of premium a month over the 15000 that was my best offer. but i mean- come on. And to add insult to injury, the asshole pretty much asked me to leave. They're willing to bet that I'll cave. F* 'em. I'll keep you guys posted- i really want this damn car. Its drives like a dream- and in LA, the LGT power doesnt make much a diff to me. GRRRRRRR :nono:

Even if the car is awesome, it doesn't seem like the kind of place you want to spend your hard earned money. Just keep looking. Everything happens for a reason.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Archived