Jedi Pimp

Says who?

That's racial and stereotypical.

Would it be funny if I said, "black men can't spell" :lol:

People have to remember, racial and stereotypical remarks are just

as wrong when targeted at white people. But for some reason

we (society) accepts those degradating anti-white remarks, and that's just

not right. It's a two way street.

Well, stereotypes are only valid if people believe in them. That's where they get their strength. However, all races of people do funny/unusual stuff. And just for the record, we can spell. :)
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Says who?

Would it be funny if I said, "black men can't spell" :lol:

No it would have been true...

JK! :lol:

Its not about race its about culture.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

My feeling about the racial (actually, it should be the "ethnic") divide is that it would be less of a problem if everyone took themselves a little less seriously. ;)

That said, I can easily understand how even at-present, some are more sensitive about this issue.

And that said, perhaps, as I suggested in the "Religious Jokes" thread, this Forum would benefit from a less-serious, "anything goes," sub-Forum, such as has been implemented by many others?

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Personally, I could give a crap less.

I think people are now WAY to politically correct.

You can't even say TRUE things these days if it paints another (well any other skin color but "white") people in a even slightly negative light. Again, even if it's TRUE.

But it seems all jokes, words, etc made by other ethnicities TOWARDS "white" people is fair game.

The reason I brought this and the "religious" posts up was because I posted a

link to a VERY funny Frank Sinatra based song about possible terrorists on our planes and it got deleted twice (once by Tide and once by Patagonian GT).

It was no worse (actually A LOT less offensive) than this or especially the demeaning and disrespectful religious post, yet these haven't gotten deleted.

So, they can feel a joke song about TERRORISTS...who bombed OUR country and killed THOUSANDS of innocent AMERICANS as being wrong, but a joke that paints ALL good, honorable, respectful, religious men who do innumerable amounts of GOOD and spread PEACE the world over as child molesters is OKAY?

THAT, my friend's is F-ed UP in a SERIUOS way!!!

IF the moderators/Admins are going to censor posts, AT LEAST they could be FAIR and CONSISTENT about it.

You know, it's very unfortunate that race, creed, color, etc. can/have kept people from enjoying their culture and the cultures of others. Humans aren't perfect, and neither are the things they say, do, or think at times. Sad, but true. Also true is the fact that ALL people are subject to having someone that "looks like them" to do something "questionable" that "everybody else" now associates with anyone else that happens to share a similar appearance.

Btw, you spelled "seriously" wrong.:p:);):D But it's all good, Driver72.

:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Ah....I see now! :)

I agree - enforcement should be equal.

I'd rather that there be none at all and that this Forum be an open place where we can simply just all enjoy ourselves, knowing that whatever may be said jokingly was done in good intent and without malice.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

TSi+WRX,

There used to be an "anything goes" section on this board. Things went well in it for the most part. The problem with it though lay not in the content, but how others reacted to the content. You see, most of the threads in there were posted with good intent, but once in a while, there was something in there that offended someone else.

The example I have used time and time again is this: Everyone has a certain tolerance, a threshold, if you will, for certain material. On this board and others alike, there have been some posts that have a certain tolerance "line", and for some people, that line is easily crossed. This is one reason why some people disagree with others about certain material. It's just the way we have grown and matured. We all have different tolerances, so it's hard to find a concrete line to stay under.

DeepFreeze2 is right; no one is perfect. So let's put this behind us, k? I'm going to have to close this thread as well.

Thanks for understanding. If you'd like to continue your conversations, please do so in PM. If you'd like to contact me about this thread or anything else, you know where to find me. :)

-Ben

-ben

Archived