LegacyGT.com

Intake + Gas Mileage

xero287

Okay so here's the thing, I took my car to get the the ALK installed and the people checked all the regular maintenance as well. It turns out that when I opened my hood I saw a new intake....Personally I'd rather have the stock one because the only gains its giving me is the turbo spool. The Question I have is that do I need a tune just to regain the original gas mileage? or do I have to go stage 2 then get the tune.

Thanks

What kind of intake? When replacing the stock airbox you will want to get a tune regardless. The Mass airflow sensor(MAF) will not cooperate with the ecu that is factory tuned. Many LGT owner's have switched back to stock, because even with a tune they say that their car's run better with the stock airbox. I cannot say from personal experience, however.

Have you seen a significant drop in gas mileage; say at least 1-2mpg?

Tuning is like tattoos.

Cheap is not good and good is not cheap.

What he said. :D

He forgot to add that his business partner does excellent tunes via email for a very reasonable price. I'm sure m sprank can hook you up with "the man" himself but you could also send a PM to infamous1 as he's the "tuna". :lol:;)

Check out the Tuning forums for all the infamous1 fanboys of which I am one.

Cheers!

Edit: Oh yeah, what the heck is an ALK?

ALK= Anti-Lift Kit. Its a shame because I used to live in New Hampshire and my brother got a tune from a member of NEAWD for free and his car runs amazing off of it, it was like night and day before and after the tune. But, ill look into getting a full exhaust so i can pm you sometime. thanks.

Archived