LegacyGT.com

Check engine light

tjcarst

It is very cold here in NE the past couple of days (0 degrees fahrenheit). The '08 SpecB has been in the warm garage for the past 4. Today I drove it to work and on the way home, I noticed the low tire pressure light come on. This has happened before in the cold weather, so I wasn't concerned.

5 miles through city roads further, I notice the check engine light on. Also on, but flashing, is the S of the Sport Shift mode and the Cruise control lights. Both on the dash and flashing, not steady like the tire pressure or check engine lights.

I was unable to change the shift mode to Intelligent. No strange sounds or other indicators.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? I plan to take it to the dealer tomorrow or Friday. It is under warranty. Just curious.

Thanks for any input.

Its somewhere in the manual that when the CEL comes on you can't use the SI Drive, Cruise Control so I wouldn't worry to much about those. Did you do any slipping or sliding per chance? Last year during the big snows I tried to get out of my parking spot without fully clearing it and ended up high-centering my car. Since the tires were spinning and I wasn't actually moving the CEL came on, after a couple of stops and starts the CEL went away

It is very slippery here, but if I slid any at all, it would have been so little that I did not notice. 8" of snow here on Sun/Mon. Main roads are pretty dry, but side roads are completely packed to the point of almost ice. I drove approx 15 miles with the lights flashing. I put it in an insulated garage about three hours ago. Gets about 40-50 degrees in there. Just started the car to see if still on, and they were.

Thanks for your response.

If the tire pressure was low/uneven enough or the tires are worn unevenly enough, the difference in rotational speed between the wheels might be great enough where the car thinks something is wrong with the diff and/or tranny. Check the pressures and wear for all 4.

Archived