LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT exhaust swap

mrplow83

1) I have a 2005 LGT 5EAT

2) I currently have an Agency Power catback

3) I want a better looking/quieter exhaust for the car. Without the silencers the exhaust looks pretty decent, but a couple exhaust tickets later I had to throw the silencers in and now it looks like crap. I'm looking for something like an AVO exhaust setup. Looks like stock, but retains the 3" setup I have. With the silencers in, the Agency Power exhaust just looks cheap.

4) My dilemma is that I would like to salvage the majority of the Agency Power exhaust minus the y-pipe and the mufflers. To save money on a whole new cat back exhaust. Will I be able to do this?

So, to clarify, you want to keep what's commonly referred to as the "mid" pipe? The section from the last cat to the "Y"?

Why don't you want to keep the Y also?

I don't know much about the Agency Power catback but it would depend upon whether it's compatible with other catback systems. Some, like the Perrin, XO2 (aka CXLightning and GMS) and AVO (there may be others) have mid and Y pipes that allow you to use what ever mufflers (also referred to as an axle back exhaust) even stock ones because the Y has the same attachment points as a stock exhaust. Whether they have similar mid to Y junctions is going to take some research.

There are lots of folks here using a 3 inch mid and Y with different mufflers. XO2/CXLightning/GMS, AVO or Perrin mid and Y with stock or Prodrive mufflers is a common combination.

Basically any system that you can buy in sections, like the AVO (you can by the mufflers separately), will work.

Cheers!

I am not looking to remount the stock cans, I would like to reuse the midpipe of the Agency Power exhaust only. So that the midpipe would be the Agency Power, AVO Y pipe, and AVO cans. I just want to know if the Agency Power midpipe will fit with the AVO Y and cans.

Archived