LegacyGT.com

No heat for my feet.

Why is it I crank the heat to full at 85 degrees and still almost no heat comes out of the lower part? The heat duct is just above my knees, and I can hear the fan howling, but little comes out.

Is this a known problem?

It works fine if I set it to flow from the upper (dashboard) vents, but my feet get cold.

2006 Outback sedan Limited LL Bean w/ nav and ACC.

Seems to me that the actuator controlling the vent has stuck some way.

It's a small electrical motor that controls the vent and as all mechanical items it can fail. I suggest that you take a deep dive in the driver side footwell and try to look around for items there. If you have a friend around one of you can go head down and look while the other of you fiddle with the controls.

453747.png

yes sucks ..

just had a look through the manual.. seams there is also a duct that blows heat to the rear feet for passengers.

does your car have the automatic climate control?

what i found is the automatic climate control seams to blow the air aproximately the temperature desired from the setting. and the more the interior temp warms up the colder it blows.

is it that the air blowing is cold? or just very little flow ?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

The air that blows is warm. Just very little flow. It's odd because you can hear the pressurized hot air trying to get out, particularly when the fan is at full volume or close to it, but the air itself is blocked. I think it is just a bad design.

Yeah, the air blows out weak on the driver's side and a little better on the passenger side. I can say that my feet are never cold though...the airflow just seems a lot weaker than it should be for all the racket the fan is making. Been this way since new.
It is still ugly.

Archived