LegacyGT.com

Searching fore an amp

kopke

Maby not a Subaru related question but I need an amp fore my sub (in my subaru) It's a 12" Pioneer 1000W (400RMS) Sad but true I can't find any amp that fits my power range. Thoe I live on a shitty little island whit a weary limited range of amps. Honestly the only tipes I've come across are Pioneer, kenwood, JBL soundstorm, and Alpine (a littel out of my prise range. The dealers are bastards)

Any Ideas?

Order online. Search for a good 300-450ish watts RMS. Don't worry about peak.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

But I must be increasing the risk of blowing my sub if the amp is puting out 2 much power right?

Generally tt's better to have a 450w amp driving a 400w sub (RMS) than a 350w amp driving the same sub. An under-powered amp (well any amp for that matter) will clip the signal which can cause speaker damage when driven to the max.

It's more important to have clean signal (quality amp, not clipping) than to have exactly the rated power.

I have a pair of 10" subs that are rated at 250watts or so RMS, yet I powered them with an amp that pushed over 750watts into 4ohm RMS, and I ran at 2ohm giving them more power than that, or probably double their rated power each. No problems running the same setup for over 8 years. It's all about good clean power and the right enclosure.

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Learning new things every day. So a 450 RMS is what i'm searching fore then. I'm not shur that's gone make it any easyer. Mostly i'm wising fore a 2 or 4 Chanel amp that has a total of like 800rms. u newer know if you want to upgrade :cool:

Just get an amp that stable at 400-500 watts rms at 4 ohm and is stable to 2ohm or 1 ohm bridged. Then if you get a second sub wire them in parallel foe a 2 ohm load and you'll get more power. Just install power wire that can handle the current draw.

Archived