LegacyGT.com

rear brake pad fell out

ok.. as some of you may know i recently put a lift kit in my car.. to do so i had taken the rear brake and caliper off to reach the bolts of the lower rear shock mount. well i snap off a bolt in the bracket. i bought a new one from the local auto store and it turned out that, (after i installed it) the bracket was the wrong one.. the gap in the bracket that the rotor spins though is about an inch wide... looks like it could except a vented rear rotor.. well anyway,, the gap between the rotor and the bracket is over a 1/4 inch big. and the pad slipped out that gap..

i found the brake pad sitting inside the snow that builds up inside the wheel..

when i got the new part i had gotten a new caliper and bracket. it bolted right up.. but the brake line bolt, that screws into the caliper was the wrong thread.. o welll i just cross thread it and it worked fine..

another thing is that the retaining clip that the came with it did not fit. and the stock old one didnt either. because the bracket is wider. the clips were not.. but i made them work.

and third, the gap is bigger.. the main problem.. now im riding on one pad and metal.

my question being... what bracket did i get, i need proof that subaru made a brake like this that bolts right up but can except a thicker rotor, so i can prove the auto vaule, in there face.. that there little computers they used dont tell them jack shit. they just think, Oh Well if the bracket bolted up, it is the right bracket.... bull shit

i measured the other rear side.. not even close.. the pad would have to be less then a 1/8th inch thick to slide out.. and by then the screamers would of started working.

I had a part store send me the wrong thing repeatedly when I was trying to get rear discs for an 89 Corolla GTS I had. First they sent front discs, then rear drums, then discs I have no idea what they were for, THEN finally the correct rears. Sometimes if you have an obscure part the computers aren't any good. It was the same way with my 86 Celica Supra, they had overstock of 85's so called them 86's, and called the new body style the 86 1/2, I had to tell the parts guys I had an 85 to get correct pieces.

Archived