LegacyGT.com

New Turbo

I have been searching all over this forum to find a turbo to replace mine. Who has one available with low miles on it or where would be the best place to find one online at a low price? Also what would have to be done if i went with a vf46?

VF 46 is essentially a direct replacement. Others are available but would require tuning at a minimum and supporting mods. Check out the BNR turbos.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I retuned when I replaced my VF40. Others have just bolted it on. There's definitely differences in delivery between the two, so YMMV.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

You could go without a tune but it's best to get tuned. The 46 spools a bit quicker than the 40 so there's definitely some differences there. You could go with the 46 and get an infamous tune. There's also a used VF52 with 18k miles for sale on Nasioc for $600. There you would need a tune for sure but you'd be looking at more upside. Of course, there are more non VF options as well like the BNRs. Really depends on what your goals and future goals are for the car.

• 1 month later...

I'm on this VF40/46 wagon too now..

I just finish a stg2 tune w/vf40 & now found out the turbo is spitting out oil on the compressor side-TMIC.

quicker spool = lean or richer?? I'm thinking bout going with out a tune as well.

another turbo + tune is way out of my price range right now...

Archived