LegacyGT.com

bought a new 2011 legacy

pyrettablaze

Hi, bought a new 2011 legacy in August....and just have the regular 3 year factory warranty thus far.

They just sent me a mail in form for the option to get the extended warranty:

6 years/60,000 miles @ $564.00

6 years/80,000 miles @ $840.00

6 years/100,000 miles @ $1282.00

Is it worth it??

I am pretty sure you can extend the warranty whenever you want as long as you are under the factory warranty. I would wait until you get close to that.

Yup, you can buy it anytime before the orignal warranty expires. Are those prices the basic coverage or the gold plus? Also is there a deductible? They seem really cheap.

I have the gold plus 7yr/ 70k w/ $100 deduct.

Gold Plan

Gold Plus plans include all Classic plan coverage plus hundreds more parts. In fact they provide essentially the same "bumper-to-bumper" coverage as the basic factory warranty. Only a few maintenance items and body parts are not covered. The Gold Plus plan also reimburses for lodging and meals when a breakdown interrupts your out-of-town travel, plus: 24-hour emergency roadside assistance*, $100 allowance for "Sign & Drive" dispatched towing, jump start, tire change, gasoline delivery, locksmith service, road hazard tire protection, computerized trip routing, dealer locator service and travel assistance.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

the brochure i got doesn't really say too much. "classic new car plans; added security"

covers: wear and tear, $150 car rental allowance, $50 tow allowance,cancelable,included parts and labor, zero deductible option.

It goes into detail about what is covered " major components"- engine list,tranny list, front sus list,brakes,steering list, cooling list, electrical list, air cond list, towing and rental list.

the brochure i got doesn't really say too much. "classic new car plans; added security"

covers: wear and tear, $150 car rental allowance, $50 tow allowance,cancelable,included parts and labor, zero deductible option.

It goes into detail about what is covered " major components"- engine list,tranny list, front sus list,brakes,steering list, cooling list, electrical list, air cond list, towing and rental list.

If I recall correctly, those brochures only cover the classic plan. Check out the differences between classic and gold here:

http://www.subaru.com/finance-center/added-security-plans.html

By the way, you can shop around and compare other dealers. They can quote different prices, but be sure you are inquiring about the SOA backed one.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Archived