LegacyGT.com

Car won't engade any gears!

Was wondering if anyone had any input on this seemingly random yet quite debilitating problem that just arose with my 05 MT. Went to drive this morning, and the shifter seems to be stuck in a gear. With the clutch fully depressed, I am unable to move the shifter into an gear. When I let out the clutch, however slowly and no matter how much power I give, the car does not move an inch and just wants to stall.

Any ideas!?

...and no matter how much power I give, the car does not move an inch and just wants to stall...

Please dont give it tons of power when it is not working. Don't break more stuff. Someone will help you figure it out! Loads of good guys in the NE.

well great news, it appears that something in the tranny was frozen, because as the day warmed up we used a heat gun on the tranny case, warmed it up for a few minutes, and now it is just as good as new! Very odd overall though, anyone ever have this happen?

^Yeah it is definitely a hint of things to come.

When it gets below freezing here, the first few times I try to put my car in first (before it's warmed up) it won't go unless I am totally stopped and even then it can be a battle for a second.

Archived