LegacyGT.com

Blasting and Powdercoating shop

Shawn06SpecB

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't think of anyone. I know Rim Doctor is pretty good. The guy is an Aussie and does amazing work. I have a friend who knows of a really good Powder Coating shop in Frederick. Lemme see if I can get the info from him.

Are you coming to Silver Diner in the MicroCenter Mall Sunday?

Maryland Industrail Coaters phone #410-795-7130. From what I've read, they do amazing work. As far as a show in Beltsville, House of Powder, I can't find them on Google or a phone number for them. I don't know if they are still in business.

But there are lots of Powder Coating places up in Northern MD. It still looks like you will have to travel to get the wheels coated.

^ im doing the same at the moment. adding a garage to the list of "must-haves" is no longer possible after seeing how much that adds to the price of a house. looks like i will be keeping DIY busy in the years to come.

You and I both! :lol:

^ im doing the same at the moment. adding a garage to the list of "must-haves" is no longer possible after seeing how much that adds to the price of a house. looks like i will be keeping DIY busy in the years to come.

Done and DONE. Only got a 1 car garage. But it has 9' ceilings, so i can put a portable 2 post lift in it like this V

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/

Trying putting the following restrictions on house hunting(we did and it was HARD)

OLNEY

GARAGE

FIREPLACE

NO HOA(Bent on this one to get into the house)

FINISHED BASEMENT

MOVE IN READY

But now that we are in I LOVE it.

Now I feel poor as I have little to no tools and need to start building my collection.

On that note, do yall think its worth it to insulate a garage?

Seeing as you will probably never use it aside from parking and just saying you have lifts in there, I don't see why you should. Save your money.

Plus from seeing how low the car is with the lifts you linked, I think you are too horizontal to fit in there well. :lol:

Anyways, back on topic:

Shawn, would you be willing to travel to Baltimore/Elkridge area? There are tons of powder coating shops in those areas.

ye old wheel shop in Jessup is good but overpriced from my research(3 years old at this point).

And No with that lift id have almost a solid 4ft under my car. So I would be more than able to change oil/exhuasts/wheels at that hieght. JACKASS.

:lol::lol:

Fatty McNasty! Ahh to be 4 yrs old again!!

I called American Stripping, $115 a wheel. The place in Frederick County, VA comes highly recommended by AR Fab in Winchester as well. Spoke to Tommy this morning about their work...and at $70/wheel, can't beat that w/ a wooden stick!

Done and DONE. Only got a 1 car garage. But it has 9' ceilings, so i can put a portable 2 post lift in it like this V

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/

Trying putting the following restrictions on house hunting(we did and it was HARD)

OLNEY

GARAGE

FIREPLACE

NO HOA(Bent on this one to get into the house)

FINISHED BASEMENT

MOVE IN READY

But now that we are in I LOVE it.

Now I feel poor as I have little to no tools and need to start building my collection.

On that note, do yall think its worth it to insulate a garage?

Where in Olney?

My garage isn't insulated, and it stays ~50 when outside ambient is in the 20's?

It IS insulated between the house and garage though.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

You sir just need a bigger wooden stick.

Thoguh Honestly after paying about 500-600 to get 4 wheels stripped and then PCed.... 70 a wheel seems like a GREAT price.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7946/1291524464021.png

I called American Stripping, $115 a wheel. The place in Frederick County, VA comes highly recommended by AR Fab in Winchester as well. Spoke to Tommy this morning about their work...and at $70/wheel, can't beat that w/ a wooden stick!

That's a good deal no doubt. Make sure to post pics!

Also gotTurboWut did you make sure that is not JUST for powder coating and includes the acid bath or whatever cleaning process to get the old finish and any grime off the wheels. Because that sounds about what I was quoted when I did mine, before they had to be sent for a acid bath.

Archived