LegacyGT.com

my blown turbo dillema

UPDATE:

pulled the turbo, intercooler, downpipe and uppipe out of the car. there were shards of metal in the downpipe cat, some of which would actually fit right into the breaks in the turbo fins. the exhaust side fins were messed up beyond all recognition. half the fins were gone and the shaft was as loose as a wizard's sleeve. intake side was still intact, fins bent slightly with about 2-3mm of shaft play either side. Definitly loose but not as bad as the exhaust side.

No indications of metal present in intake side all the way up to the engine. Uppipe and downpipe cats look good but I plan on chucking all of the stuff that came out anyway. catless uppipe, full catless turbo back, fmic, and walbro 255 are the things I'm going to need and the stuff I already have are the 650cc sidefeed injectors and superzilla 18g. I guess I gotta start thinking about doing a clutch soon too then...

Yeah - that turbo was not long for this world, if it had any heart beat left at all. You mentioned previously above, that there were metal bits rattling around in the intercooler, so that sounds inconsistent with your newest comment that there were "No indications of metal present in intake side..." You'll know more when you get the pan pulled and checked for flakes and debris. GL and keep us posted.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived