LegacyGT.com

Does my 2006 legacy LTD have traction or stability control?

+1 ^ because of the all wheel drive....you know how it can be tough to spin two tires let alone all four

This doesn't matter.

Pretty simple to spin an LGT in snow. Find a slightly curved on ramp. Get to speed. In the middle of the corner, LIFT instantly. Eat curb. (Or add gas and probably be ok).

Yep if you assume it will completely take over driving responsibility in a situation, this car is a Mustang with benefits. That rear loves to walk right from a dig. Scary if you don't expect it but fun if you spin the back around on purpose. I just wish I had a front lsd.

Why do you need or want it? Good drivers(Me) don't need those to drive safely on the road! You have awd at least so drive like your suppose too in winter(slow and easy) and you'll forget that you don't even have these option on your car or ever need them! I forgot I don't have these? Now Should I trade in my car and buy a new car that has these? No, Why would I want those! We've been driving for many, many years without these with no problems and we're still alive right?

Why do you need or want it? Good drivers(Me) don't need those to drive safely on the road! You have awd at least so drive like your suppose too in winter(slow and easy) and you'll forget that you don't even have these option on your car or ever need them! I forgot I don't have these? Now Should I trade in my car and buy a new car that has these? No, Why would I want those! We've been driving for many, many years without these with no problems and we're still alive right?

That must be because you're the God of drivers and you're immune to accidents ;).

No, but seriously, even the best driver can get into a situation that's a bit skecthy. Anyone can find them self in a situation that is not what they intended, and that is where stability control may help you out. Sure, some drivers can probably correct over/understeer on their own, but what about the more novice driver, with less AWD driving experience who finds himself in a hairy situation? That may be the time that VDC saves the, There's probably a reason behind it being mandated in all 2011+ vehicles.

Back on topic, OP: Don't worry about not having them. I find myself turning mine off more than I find it helping me. If you're trudging through deep snow you would want to make sure you have it off anyway. VDC does an excellent job of actually getting you stuck in the deep crap.

I've ice raced (and even won), done a bunch of track days, autocrossed, etc, but I'm not above liking fully defeatable ESC.

ESC can brake each wheel individually. You can't. I can't. Sebastien Loeb can't.

This allows it to recover from things that a human cannot. Shit happens, even to the best drivers. I've driven cars with good ESC and on the street it is extremely useful. It recovers much more cleanly and easier than a human can.

It is a good thing. It isn't an option that would be a deal maker for me, but if choosing between two otherwise identical cars, I'd pick the one with ESC.

Why do you need or want it? Good drivers(Me) don't need those to drive safely on the road!

Isn’t it something like 80% of drivers think they’re better than average? Just food for thought :lol:

OP if you’re not comfortable driving a car without traction or stability control yet, take you’re car out to a wide open snowy parking lot and get a feel for the AWD. After some time, you’ll get a feel for correcting errors through manipulating the controls.

Depends where you live as well. Crossing from rich cities to broke cities you can go from completely clean highway to 3 inches of shat mangled up and cars dead stop facing you. 3rd shift sucks.

Traction control kills your spinning the tires to get moving or unstuck. Turn it off then back on when you moving. ESC is a pain in the arse if you are trying to drift in a car that will not let you disable it. From what I seen in this car low rpms when moving is the best bet for me since I hit 6 psi around 2800 rpms on this 15 lb WGA and closed loop part thottle tune. Nobody drives my car but me in the winter.

Archived