LegacyGT.com

U2 Sensors

EDIT: just realized my dumb phone made the subject U2 sensors...

Hey everyone, I have two quick questions.

What should my O2 sensors be reading in my '05 LGT?

When we plug in the OBD2 scanner, it only shows 2 O2 sensors operating. I thought there was 3?

We're just still trying to figure out my 9.3-9.9 city mpg and this is basically what it has come down to. Any help is greatly appreciated!

HELLOOOOO! HELLOOOOOO! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! :lol:

LGTs have two 02 sensors. There is one in the passenger side exhaust manifold and one in the downpipe.

The sensor in the up pipe is an EGT.

Your 02 sensors (AFRs) should read around 14.7 depending on tune. Anymore is getting lean and less is heading rich.

Haha thank you for the U2 song!

Hmm.. Well during our read, one was fluctuating under a volt and one was at 2.7 volts. I forget which is which but I assume the 2.7 one is not correct? I'm on a stock tune so should they really be reading 14.7?

14.7:1 (stoichiometric) the ratio of air to fuel for ideal combustion. O2 sensors only have a certain voltage range that is much lower than 14.7 volts.

Narrow band sensors cycle from 0.2-0.8 volts. That's a constant back and forth during idle. I think the front sensor is a wideband, though; I'm not sure on how those guys work.

Well, did some more testing today and O2 sensors are running fine. We called the Subaru dealership and they gave me a whole bunch of crap. "Subaru's get bad mileage in the winter". Oh ok, that's why my brother's WRX stage 2 is up around 18 city and my friend Keith's LGT is getting 16-18 at stage 2.5 I believe it is. So what explains my STOCK LGT 8.4 mpg city?

That is a mystery.

Archived