LegacyGT.com

cheap 4pots?

naimouasta

I've posted a few times today:sorry but I want this set up:

With the 30mm kit can you use the LGT rotors, or will you have to alter some nissan rotors to fit?

Are the LGT rotors 30mm?

Other than brackets any thing special that is needed?

any special tools? are the calipers threaded?

thank you

The sooner I have answers the sooner I can plan a purchase....

What size rotors goe with the Nissan calipers?

Z32 OEM front rotors are 11" in diameter

according to what i read, there are two versions of the caliper. 26mm and 30mm which refers to how thick of a rotor you can use. the 26mm were on the 90'+ nonturbo and 90' turbo. 91'+ turbo 300zx are 30mm versions. the r32 skyline gts also get the 30mm and are all aluminum. the 300zx, some are aluminum some not. the 26mm versions are similar in size with the FHI 4pots. using the 30mm version, you can use the LGT sized rotors. of course you need custom brackets to use either which are avaliable.

as far as rebuilding them, they both use the same rebuild kit as our FHI 4pots. they also use the same pads.

FHI vs nissan 30mm. looks like you are increasing brake torque, but using the same pads, there is not increase in pad area thats biting.

Only the 1990 NAs had the 26mm rotors. All TTs and (I think) 8/90+ NAs had the 30mm rotors and calipers. 90-92 are aluminum, 93+ are iron. I'm unsure if the FHI's are iron or aluiminum, but judging by the lack of ribs/fins, I'd guess iron. I also believe they are all made by Sumitomo.

I currently run the AL 30mm calipers on my TT with 350Z 2-piece rotors (12.75" diameter) along with stainless lines, ATE TYP 200 fluid and a brake master cylinder brace they provide great stopping power. I haven't been able to judge fade yet, as I have not been on a track with this setup.

I'm interested in the FHI calipers for my LGT, using LGT OEM sized rotors. If there's not a bracket available, I could create one, that's not a huge concern for me. What I'm more concerned about is:

• What is the OEM LGT front rotor diameter and thickness?
  • What is the OEM LGT rear rotor diameter and thickness?
  • What rotor thickness does the FHI caliper accomodate?

Overall question:

On a 2005 legacy wagon (non GT).

What will I need other than the calipers?

Brackets: can someone make me some or who makes some that will fit, most sites that sell these do not give details.

Rotors: will I need a set of Z32 to be drilled?

Pads I can figure out from the posts.

What rims will clear the 16 inch set up?

I am looking at getting an 05 legacy in a month or so.

Can someone make me a bracket that would allow me to use the 30mm kit and run 16 inch rims?

What rims would clear this set up?

I am looking at getting an 05 legacy in a month or so.

Can someone make me a bracket that would allow me to use the 30mm kit and run 16 inch rims?

What rims would clear this set up?

I have a few questions as information for 2005+ is not easily available.

If someone could help that would be great.

• 3 months later...

Archived