LegacyGT.com

Muffler Shop Suggestions..

BrownBoy

I have a friend that wants to get an exhaust on his Altima 3.5SE also. It could be a group discount of some sort worked in. What kind of mufflers, piping are you looking to do DM? I mean as far as brand of mufflers, size of piping, etc. I was thinking a pair Magnaflow dual tips. My friend thinks I'm an M5 wanna be cus of that set up. I showed him a pic of the K2K bumper:). Anyway, I was thinking 2.25 or 2.5 piping split to 2.25 for me, since I'm NA.

No place in Houston has their own mandrel bender. I've looked many times over the years. Hennessey (Vipers) used to, but no more. Heck, I can't even find a place that stocks commonly sized pre-cut mandrel bends - everything is crush bent.

I have a friend that wants to get an exhaust on his Altima 3.5SE also. It could be a group discount of some sort worked in. What kind of mufflers, piping are you looking to do DM? I mean as far as brand of mufflers, size of piping, etc. I was thinking a pair Magnaflow dual tips. My friend thinks I'm an M5 wanna be cus of that set up. I showed him a pic of the K2K bumper:). Anyway, I was thinking 2.25 or 2.5 piping split to 2.25 for me, since I'm NA.

Yeah, I wanted to do 3" into a 2.25" split....I think dual 2.25" works into about the same as a single 3" straight back...

As far as mufflers go, I haven't really decided...but I do know I want dual staggered slant cut (M5) style tips (ala Stromung). ;)

NO mandrel bending in the area huh? Could crush bent be all that bad then? Or how about any pre-fabbed pipes that you can order? Is there any vendor that does that kinda thing? But I was going to put in a high flow cat. also, so I would need someone that has pre-fabbed pieces w/ cat. options I guess... I have one quote from a local muffler shop, but it's def. too high from what everyone else is saying; they said somethign like almost 700 dollars, and that's not mandrel bent, and only stainless mufflers. Maybe I should do stainless all the way through...:D

NO mandrel bending in the area huh? Could crush bent be all that bad then? Or how about any pre-fabbed pipes that you can order? Is there any vendor that does that kinda thing? But I was going to put in a high flow cat. also, so I would need someone that has pre-fabbed pieces w/ cat. options I guess... I have one quote from a local muffler shop, but it's def. too high from what everyone else is saying; they said somethign like almost 700 dollars, and that's not mandrel bent, and only stainless mufflers. Maybe I should do stainless all the way through...:D

Well summit racing and jegs has prebent stuff you can order from the internet...I guess I'll just do a catback and get rid of the down/mid pipe cats later...

I may try to get a quote from my local Meineke....they did my civic back in the day for pretty cheap...

Archived