LegacyGT.com

Rear bumper dinged, help!

STiSubie109

Late for work backing into a spot i didnt realize there was one of those posts jutting out an extra 4 inches or so and tagged it. Now i have a nice indent in the rear bumper, anyone know how to take off the bumper? I was thinking of pushing it out if its not so bad. If not...anyone know paintless dent removal in the fairfield ct area? thanks!

If it is your bumper that is dinged, paintless dent removal won't help since the bumper is made of plastic rather than metal. Unfortunately, my experience is that if you want it to look new again, you will have to likely re-skin the bumper, so you're looking at about $700 ballpark on average to get it fixed. The cars are new, so that's a fair/conservative estimate.

Any way you can get a picture posted to give a good estimation of the extent of the damage?

I just got my Passat back from this local company called "Bumper Express". For $500 they fixed the bumper up to look like new -- the entire thing was in very bad shape. They also did a bumper to bumper touch-up job on the whole car. I'm very impressed. Maybe there is a company like that around you.

Archived