LegacyGT.com

How much boost could this setup take?

Just sitting here planning how to spend money i dont have. How much boost could a EJ22E (1990) take with EJ22T Crank & rods (or does the N/A have the same crank? rods?) and a set of forged pistons, with new rings, new rod bearings, new headgasket (using headgasket designed for EJ22T?), new seals, etc? most likely a VF-11 turbo from a EJ22T. or if you can make a recommendation? also i would use exhaust system from a turbo ej22. injectors from a ej22t? or is there a better injector for reasonable price? also probably just use piggyback to control air/fuel. or can the stock ECU even handle bigger injectors with piggyback? or would i have to use ECU from turbo car? don't tell me to find a ej22t and swap or a donor turbo car cause ive looked and have yet to find a salvaged turbo car.

Don't forget pistons, and possibly cylinder heads too.

It will be cheaper to actually fetch the engine from a later WRX or something and make a transplant. And the ECU has to be replaced, the stock one doesn't understand "Turbo".

453747.png

There is a salvage ss turbo on the sales list right now. I would try to find EJ22T heads and rebuild them and port and polish. A well built open deck EJ motor can take 20-25 psi if it is tuned properly. And I mean you need to put it on a dyno and pay someone to tune it. But thats expensive so to be safe I would say 10-15psi with a preloaded map on a PP6 or a similar piggyback.

Archived