LegacyGT.com

Hook up remote wire where?

al-gorithm

I hooked up my amp remote wires to wire 14 on the harness. Now they only turn on when the radio is on. :( Where is the alternative for a remote wire hook up. :confused:

I have tried searching for 30 minutes already. This is the last thing I need before I am done. I can't listen to just radio.:mad:

Please help with an answer or a link to the correct thread.

Someone should make a sticky for an amp install.

Thanks guys!

Nevermind... I found it... didn't think one could use wire 10 for a remote turn on, thought it might be too much for it.

Another question though, I am getting alternator noise and it is because I ran the power wire with the right side speaker wires. What would be the minimum distance between the power and speaker wires to reduce this noise? Could a foil wrap like metal ducting tape work like shielding?

I am going to try to run the power wire down the middle of the car, under the carpet. Just got to figure out how to remove the seats.

I'm not sure about shielding. I would suggest you run the power down the left side of the car. If you do it that way, you only have to remove the bottom of the back seat. It can be removed by lifting up on it.

Nevermind... I found it... didn't think one could use wire 10 for a remote turn on, thought it might be too much for it.

Another question though, I am getting alternator noise and it is because I ran the power wire with the right side speaker wires. What would be the minimum distance between the power and speaker wires to reduce this noise? Could a foil wrap like metal ducting tape work like shielding?

I am going to try to run the power wire down the middle of the car, under the carpet. Just got to figure out how to remove the seats.

If you are getting alternator noise, then it's likely a grounding issue. Make sure your ground run is short and has good metal-to-metal contact.. Try moving the ground to a different spot as well.

You can also use a 0.01uF capacitor across the power and ground terminals of your amp as a noise bypass filter (do it right at the terminals on the amp).

You shouldn't need shielded power and ground wire if it's done right.

Also, don't mess with the passenger side seat unless you feel like making a trip to the dealer to reset the airbag weight sensor..

I grounded my distribution block to that center nub where the idiot spare bolt threads in to hold the spare down. I only had small tapping screws so I split the ground wire into seven ring terminals. I sanded down to bare metal and tap screwed the ring terminals down. I thought that should be more than enough grounding. 4 ga ground wire is 18" from distribution block and 8 ga ground wire is 12" from each amp to the distribution block.

Maybe I should send the power wire down the middle of the car, underneath the console/armrest, carpet and underneath the back seats. Got to search for the armrest removal instructions.

What do you guys think?

I grounded my distribution block to that center nub where the idiot spare bolt threads in to hold the spare down. I only had small tapping screws so I split the ground wire into seven ring terminals. I sanded down to bare metal and tap screwed the ring terminals down. I thought that should be more than enough grounding. 4 ga ground wire is 18" from distribution block and 8 ga ground wire is 12" from each amp to the distribution block.

Maybe I should send the power wire down the middle of the car, underneath the console/armrest, carpet and underneath the back seats. Got to search for the armrest removal instructions.

What do you guys think?

You're going way out of your way to get rid of this noise. Either your power ground is insufficient or your signal cables are junk. Running the power wire with the speaker wires should not cause whine.

Archived