LegacyGT.com

08+ Sti Driveshaft in 05-09 LGT for 6MT swap?

slacks

Just curious if anyone has gone this route for a 6mt swap so changing the flange on the r180 isn't necessary. And can anyone confirm that the AT/Spec B drive shaft is longer than the 5MT drive shaft; what makes it different? Work has blessed me with a rebuildable 6mt so looking to piece together the swap soon.

i beleive that the sti driveshaft is a little bit shorter than the one on the LGT....i may b wrong but from my findings i think this is the case.

i am using a 4EAT driveshaft from a 05+ legacy. The other option i beleive is to use either a spec B or a custom. depending on the year tranny and differential you use...

I'm finding that if you use a Spec B Driveshaft with the r180 you have to change the rear differential flange (for an sti r180 not spec b). But it seems like if I have to buy a driveshaft anyway... why not go with the 08+ sti driveshaft to prevent buying the flange since their chassis is setup more closely to ours than previous years.

Just curious if anyone has gone this route for a 6mt swap so changing the flange on the r180 isn't necessary. And can anyone confirm that the AT/Spec B drive shaft is longer than the 5MT drive shaft; what makes it different? Work has blessed me with a rebuildable 6mt so looking to piece together the swap soon.

The AT/Spec B driveshaft is shorter than the 5speed driveshaft - because the 6mt is longer than the 5mt.

Archived