LegacyGT.com

hello everyone.... suspension questions

Hey everyone I am kind of new to forums and navigating through them. Also, I am not very computer savvy so I apologize if I'm a little "slow" when it comes to this stuff.

I recently purchased a 1994 Subaru Legacy wagon. It is the turbocharged model.

This is the first subaru i have ever owned. I don't even know the chassis code for my wagon. I used to be a honda guy and a friend got me very interested in subarus. Now I would like to start building my car from the ground up.

Basically I want to start with bushings, sway bars, coilovers, control arms, rear trailing arms/rear toe/camber adjusters, tie bars, h braces, etc. I want to make the suspension as adjustable as possible and better handling. After doing that, I would like to put rims and tires but I need to know what offset would be best since I will be upgrading the brakes in the near future. I want the wheels to be wide enough for better traction, big enough to clear the brakes, and tires to put on that would best fit the wheels without sacrificing driveability yet handle well without rubbing against the fenders. I would like to keep the body as stock as possible, which means i don't want to roll any fenders if i dont have to.

I have tried looking online for energy suspension bushings but nothing for my year/body style.

I have trouble finding other parts for the suspension but all the places that i go to "have no products" listed for my wagon.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Once again I apologize for all the questions and for my lack of experience on the internet/forum. Thanks again for anyone that can help a new subaru owner out.

Archived