LegacyGT.com

Upstate NY: Snow is here! Where Are You??

emilbus

as the title says, the snow has fallen and is here to stay. I want to know where anyone is going to mess around in the snow while avoiding cops....

This is only my 2nd full winter in NY and I'm living 15 mins. South of Syracuse. These cops have me bugging out 24/7 so I was wondering where people go to do some snow driving: parking lots, curvy city roads, etc.

Any suggestions, ideas, or anybody wanna meet up...??

just looking for specifics guys. I like open city roads for the challenge required. Open parking lots would be great but I'M sooo sketched about these cops catching me. Cops are typically scared of rain and cold weather/snow but one snuck up on me last winter when I was doin circles in a parking lot.. lol then I had to explain why I didn't have a NY driver's license... ..

where are you in syracuse? i usually hit up my old highschool parking lot and small neighborhoods or church/business park parking lots

I'm in Tully (14 miles South) but there isn't a lot of opportunity. Where abouts are you???

I'm in a little town called Fillmore... near Letchworth State park. Part of the road I live on is 3 season with no maintenance during the winter. I took the long way home last night to see how my Legacy did... That's something I never dreamed of doing when I drove an LHS!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

ah shitt man.. i lived in Manlius last year when I moved here. N. Eagle Village. I like back roads but they're pretty sketchy; too easy to end up in a ditch. I was in Togenburg's lot last year one night. That was a nice spot to do some figure 8's around their light poles.

I'll have to check out LAB, it's close to me and I've never been there. Tully HS has a great parking lot but its right near the main road and a cop's home so I only stay for a few minutes.

Here's a video of Me from last winter in the HS parking lot...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVrTespopw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]YouTube - Subaru Rips Parking Lot[/ame]

where are you in syracuse? i usually hit up my old highschool parking lot and small neighborhoods or church/business park parking lots

Just be sure you know what the parking lot looks like without snow on it. You don't want to be in the middle of having fun and then all of a sudden you hit or snag on something snow covered.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

ah shitt man.. i lived in Manlius last year when I moved here. N. Eagle Village. I like back roads but they're pretty sketchy; too easy to end up in a ditch. I was in Togenburg's lot last year one night. That was a nice spot to do some figure 8's around their light poles.

I'll have to check out LAB, it's close to me and I've never been there. Tully HS has a great parking lot but its right near the main road and a cop's home so I only stay for a few minutes.

Here's a video of Me from last winter in the HS parking lot...

Nice rip around there man. I wish I had a better parking lot in buffalo at school, and/or a better camera, but here's me ripping around a couple office parks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukiL3eq0bTg]YouTube - DCCXVI Drifts Twenty Ten: Fun in the Legacy[/ame]

• 1 month later...
Rochester here, empty parking lots or back roads on a snowy night is usually a safe bet. No one is usually around when it's snowing hard

Over at Marketplace they don't plow the parking lot where DSW used to be. Big area with a few obstacles to avoid(islands with curbs). Was doing circles around one of the light posts after work one night.

Archived