LegacyGT.com

frost on inside of car.

Ill be nice and answer sense no one else has. Its probably a leak in your windshield. I know that sound crazy but sometimes the seal around the inside of the windshield becomes worn and leaks. Should be an easy fix. Just bring it to your local windshield shop and have them reseal it. If that doesn't work you got new sealant and it only cost about 50 I think.

Also if there is a water leak anywhere in your car, it would evaporate and into the air inside your car and freeze on the windshield. If your heater core is leaking the water evaporate out of the antifreeze and do exacly what I just said. If your heater core is not leaking, feel around your floor and under your seats to make sure that your carpet isnt soaked due to a rust spot in the floor or a bad seal in the lower door jambs. Also check your trunk where the spare tire is because i had and eclipse that whenever it rained, it would pool where my spare tire went and in the cold weather all of my windows would freeze up from the inside. But those are just some ideas for you because theres excess moisture in there from something!!:ohhh:

Had the same thing on an old CRX I have. Excess moisture is getting in your car, then its condensing and freezing on your inside windows. A leaking windshield seal makes a lot of sense, but anywhere water can get in is a likely culprit. I had good success getting those moisture removing bags and leaving them in the car. It will help draw out the extra moisture and reduce the frost until you can locate the problem.

• 2 years later...

or the sun roof leaks?

but regardless of the cause,

running the heat with the AC on will help eliminate the moister.

of course if you do have some kind of leak,

it would be best to fix that as well.

i think if it were your heater core you notice the ''sweet smell'' of anti-freeze.

Archived