LegacyGT.com

IT'S OFFICIAL! - got my first subie. :)

Took me couple of months, but after scouring and researching the internet - got me a '05 LGT Limited, 5EAT sedan. Couldn't be happier! :lol:

i was thinking it would be best to get a dedicated set of winter wheels/tires, and I've read the sticky on 'what wheels' work on the '05 models. I just wanted to ask which tires are favorable from experience, along with which wheels? Also, would the stock 17 inch wheels work well with winter tires? Anyone got any stock '05 wheels? hehe

Thanks and I appreciate the patience for being a noob...for now. :p

ahah thanks everyone. :) gonna try to take some pics this week. It's safely tucked in a garage for the time being... :)

can anyone answer my original questions too if possible? I know they're kinda noobie question but my thought was if i get winter tires, I'd assume they're thicker with much more treads..

I've got Michelin X-Ice Xi2 on my stockers for winter. I've been really happy with them.

thanks for that! i'll look into it soon and give an update.

as for pictures - i bought it off this guy on this forum:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-2005-legacy-limited-5eat-bsm-40k-miles-tuned-up-148691.html

super clean car. really well taken care of. i plan to treat the same :)

It gets better every day - and the smiles get bigger and last longer too.

Keep us appraised of what you're doing with your's.

And, BTW - welcome to the site.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Glad you had the 'gonands' to acually buy and enjoy one..?

Congratulations!

haha well i read threads on turbo issues that were obviously more visible than those who had very little or no trouble at all. basically in came down to the previous owner's maintenance. i think the owner i bought it from took care of it meticulously and i plan to do the same hoping it'll last long. :lol:

thanks everyone!

p.s. anyone else on the tire/wheel questions? or if anyone's got'em for sale. hehe

i read threads on turbo issues that were obviously more visible than those who had very little or no trouble at all. basically in came down to the previous owner's maintenance.
From my own research, it appears that the actual quality of the oil at the oil change intervals (3,750 mi.) is the key to keeping the turbo oil feed screens clean and the unit fully lubricated. Oil changes at the neighborhood quick-stop are someting to look out for as the quality of Subaru lubricants and coolants seem to be light years ahead of the rest of the transportation world.

Again, congratualtions on your recent success and good luck on your snow tire purchase...

Ran

From my own research, it appears that the actual quality of the oil at the oil change intervals (3,750 mi.) is the key to keeping the turbo oil feed screens clean and the unit fully lubricated. Oil changes at the neighborhood quick-stop are someting to look out for as the quality of Subaru lubricants and coolant seems to be light years ahead of the rest of the transportation world.

Again, congratualtions on your recent success and good luck on your snow tire purchase...

Ran

thanks Ran!

yea I read that the oil changes are CRUCIAL!!! the previous owner fed it royal purple every 3k miles, so i'll be doing the same. Thanks very much for your input and advices!

as for mods - we shall see what i get into.... muhaha

For Personal Use Only

Vehicle Information:

2007 SUBARU LEGACY GT LTD AWD

VIN: 4S3BP676674314997

STATION WAGON

2.5L H4 SFI DOHC 16V

ALL WHEEL DRIVE

Standard Equipment | Safety Options

Search for other 2007 SUBARU LEGACY vehicles in Little Neck, NY

No accident / damage reported to CARFAX

CARFAX 1-Owner vehicle

10Service records available

Personal vehicle

29,605 Last reported odometer reading

$10 Above retail book value

This CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX and available as of 12/5/10 at 4:21:51 PM (EST). Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

Price Calculator™

Adjust the value of this 2007 Subaru Legacy GT LTD AWD based on the information available in this report

1) Retail Book Value

3) Adjusted Retail Value

2) CARFAX History Impact™

$

Enter retail book value here

Begin by entering

the retail book value

+ $10

Above retail book value

Ownership History

The number of owners is estimated Owner 1

Year purchased 2008

Type of owner Personal

Estimated length of ownership 2 yrs. 7 mo.

Owned in the following states/provinces Florida

Estimated miles driven per year 11,979/yr

Last reported odometer reading 29,605

Title History

CARFAX guarantees the information in this section Owner 1

Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt | Fire | Flood | Hail | Lemon Guaranteed

No Problem

Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits Guaranteed

No Problem

GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. Register | View Terms

Additional History

Not all accidents / issues are reported to CARFAX Owner 1

Total Loss

No total loss reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

Structural / Frame Damage

No structural / frame damage reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

Airbag Deployment

No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

Odometer Rollback

No indication of an odometer rollback.

No Issues Indicated

Accident / Damage

No accidents or damage reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

Manufacturer Recall

No recalls still require repair.

No Recalls Reported

Basic Warranty

Original warranty estimated to have 5 months or 6,395 miles remaining. Interested in an extended warranty?

Warranty Active

Yep, that's the report the dealer gave me...although thru another outlet VIN.history.com it's also listed as September 06...Who really knows?

I will call Subaru tomorrow and verify their date of record.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/Vinreport.png

Thanks for the assist!

Ran

Archived