LegacyGT.com

Driving School/Track in Phoenix,AZ

Monkeyshack

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that I can take my wife to get better acquainted with our MT 2.5i.

I want her to be more confident with driving the thing and being able to control the car better so I'm not so nervous driving with her. (if you know what I mean).

Even a good dirt road that nobody uses or parking lot would be good. Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

(I live in the Northwest Valley so any suggestions in that part of town is even better)

I would suggest getting her involved with the local Arizona SCCA (auto cross) region. Check out http://www.azsolo2.com. The spring series just finished up (Over 240 cars), the fall series won't start until September or so I believe. In December they have a driver's school as well. I know down at Sierra Vista they have auto-x events as well, but you'd have to check their schedule out.

Thanks I'll look into that. I also just found:

http://www.bondurant.com/courses/courses.html

High Performance Driving

2 Days, $2,195 • 3 Days, $3,095

High Performance Driving combines advanced street driving skills with techniques refined through years on the racetrack. Day three offers more track time and students wear race suits and helmets.

More>> Check Availability

Features: Autocross, Slalom, Accident Avoidance, track time on the 1.6-mile Bondurant Road Course

Anyone want to give us a scholarship ... :)

I was going to suggest the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving, but you beat me to it. ;) I've flown down to Phoenix a couple of times just to sit at the track and watch them do their thing. My wife tells me that when I have a million dollars I can spend some of it there. When I had my Mustang I wanted nothing more than to take it down there and play. There are some really good trainings there and I've seen and heard nothing but good stuff about them. Nobody who goes there ever walks away thinking that it was a waste of money.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 3 weeks later...

We watch Bondurant occasionally when we're running the bikes around FB west...

Looks like great fun, and I've always wanted to do it, but the $$ is a little steep...more than three times the price of an equivalent motorcycle school...

Archived