LegacyGT.com

help, repalced all bulbs in guage cluster, some still dont work

i spent $20 replacing every bulb in the guage cluster of my 1990 subaru legacy. The signal lights worked before i removed the cluster, but one of the lights flicked much faster than the other. Now neither signal light works, and the none of the lights for speedometer, tachometer, fuel guage, temp guage. The check engine, check oil, brake, the double blue indicator for brights work, all those work good. Also the overhead interior light doesn't work. I checked the fuses semi-quickly but didnt see any blown. Could a fuse cause just these particular lights to go bad? what could cause this? the headlights work, and i tried turning the dimmer thing on the signal switch, but nothing. any help appreciated...

Did you forget a connector?

Also check that all pins in the connectors are in place, sometimes the pins "escapes" from the connector blocks so that they aren't really in contact.

As for the signal lights - I suppose you mean turn indicator lights. If it's a different frequency for left and right turn indicator it means that you have a blown bulb either front or tail. Or wrong wattage of the bulb on the side where you have a high frequency blink.

453747.png

Did you forget a connector?

Also check that all pins in the connectors are in place, sometimes the pins "escapes" from the connector blocks so that they aren't really in contact.

As for the signal lights - I suppose you mean turn indicator lights. If it's a different frequency for left and right turn indicator it means that you have a blown bulb either front or tail. Or wrong wattage of the bulb on the side where you have a high frequency blink.

yes i have blown bulbs in the front and back passenger side. But the turn indicator doesn't work at all. The lights in the cluster for them wont even blink and the relay is not clicking. All connectors are connected and they are in right. and the light for the speedometer and tach dont work

Archived