LegacyGT.com

CEL for Catless DP with no Tuning?

doster82

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is a repost (searched the forum, but I wasn't able to immediately find an answer), but I'm looking to install an Invidia Catless downpipe with my stock y-pipe and cans, without any tuning, however, I'd like to avoid having CELs when driving around, so I will put this off until I have a cat-back exhaust and get an AP if you recommend against this.

I'd like to install the DP because I simply have an itch to start modification asap, but don't have the cash for the remaining mods (catback and ap) currently.

Thanks in advance,

-Bishop

Do not install it.

Running a DP with no tune will result in a CEL. But this is the least of your worries. It will also result in overboost and could damage your engine. Many motors have blown from running DP's with no tune.

ECU can not compensate for the loss of backpressure. Wastegate operation will not be correct.

All you need is a VAG-COM cable and an e-tune. We offer that for $175. $25 for the cable with drivers and software and $150 for the tune.

No matter which way you go, or who you use. Please get a tune with your DP. Dont blow a motor.

Listen to what others have said, I was in the same situation. I bought a cobb dp from a member on here over a year ago. My job then moved out of state and I was not working so I kept that dp in the basement since last summer and just finally had it put on this past week now that I have been back to work and was able to get the cable/tune in order to do it properly.

Basically, if you don't have the money to get the rest of the stuff to do it right, you definitely don't have the money to replace your engine!!

Archived