LegacyGT.com

New Legacy Owner - Need advice

I just recently purchased a 2009 Legacy 2.5i Limited. Does anyone have any suggestions on performance upgrades? Such as, do I start with engine mods, suspension, exhaust, etc. I'm confident I could install some upgrades myself, so with that said, I'm basically looking at upgrading to performance mods that would yeild instant horsepower difference. Any suggestions?

You aren't going to be able to squeeze any real power out of a 2.5i. You're best bet, and most cost effective, is start with suspension mods.

I had an Impreza and just did suspension work and it drove so much better and made it that much more fun.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

^ :lol: You found it bub!

There is no affordable way to make significantly more power with a 2.5i. It would make a lot more sense to trade in for a GT.

If you want to do suspension and visual mods, there is a LOT that can be done. Swaybars would be the biggest difference. Upgrade to LGT brakes. Lowering springs and Konis and some wheels/tires and you are all set.

NO SENSE GETTING AN INTAKE OR ANY OF THAT STUPID CRAP. A catback if you want it for looks/sound.

no real gains, as its designed pretty well as is.

Get an avo high flo panel filter, and that should be all you need to do.

You can remove the resonator if you want more noise, but that might also cause engine issues(people are on both sides of this).

I'm basically looking at upgrading to performance mods that would yeild instant horsepower difference. Any suggestions?

did someone say nos?

http://www.fakejazz.com/images/nos.jpg

:lol:

anyway, in all seriousness...there is an FAQ stickied at the top of this section that provides much of the information you're looking for.....................

...here's the link

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-subaru-legacy-2-5i-115322.html

Archived