LegacyGT.com

"knocking"

dombek2k7

So ever since 2 sundays ago "11/7/10" ive had a knocking/clunking sound coming from my passanger front end. On 11-7 i popped the hood checked all the strut tower bolts to make sure they were tight because i thought they were lose on driver side. I was correct, tighten those down checked the passanger side, they were fine.. shut the hood and went about my day. Now when the car is cold and i am either backing up and turning left or pulling forward but turning left i hear that sound. no sound when turning right.... weird... and only @ slow speeds?? any idea before i lift it to stock height an put my stock cbe on to bring it to the dealership?

okay... more info for the fire.. so i raised my car back up to what i thought stock height was. had my brother in law check my out my car and he looked at my axles and all the fun stuff down there. he said there was some play in my front axles... now as i got to thinking.. what could have caused this to happen.. i wasnt that low, ive seen lower cars and subarus... could it have been my camber? or my alighment? or just bad axles?? the car just broke 50k miles.

so they need to get replaced.. yippee! right round the holidays.. so question is.. can i upgrade to sti axles? or just stay with the legacy axles and make sure i get my alighment asap and check the camber.... any answers??

i had someone check them and they said "theres play in both" and still with my car lifted i still have clunking sound when hitting bumps and turning... it seems to be getting louder and worse.. i just dont understand how this is happend. ive already replaced my wheel baring on the passanger side. i want to bring it to the dealership but i have my cat back on and my bc coilovers and my avo tmic. so i think they will flag me with all my parts and it wont be covered under subaru warranty

put your hand on top of the top hat and bounce the car up and down and see if there's any snap or pop under it. If so, could be a bad top hat too.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Subietonic, that would make the most sense since i have noise coming from both strut towers when i hit cracks in the road of bumps, and the "knocking" is only when im turning at low speeds or backing up while turning. im bring it to a shop wednesday so hopefully they can find the problem, if this is going to continue ill be selling my bc coils because the spring strut combo i had before i had no issues

Archived