LegacyGT.com

suspension set up for '97 GT sedan

bjmsdrum00

i had a '98 legacy L sedan, and had to run off the road working sandblast rally to avoid a WRX that was backing up towards me in the corner, hit a stump, and ended up totalling the car. so i'm now the new owner of a '97 GT : ) (i upgraded) i had the kyb struts and eibach pro kit on my '98, and i loved it. i'm thinking about doing the same thing on my '97 GT, but i just now found this forum and i figured i'd ask ya'lls advice. does anyone make adjustable shocks for a '97? i haven't found any. are there some better springs that i should be looking at that (still ride deacent)? i'm just askin for some suggestions. thanks

Hey, I used to have a 97 GT, I had KYB GR2's, Cusco Rear Sway & F/R STBs. It was a decent setup (shorted by my lack of decent rubber.) I think you have the right idea with what you want to do to that GT. Early Impreza stuff I'm told may be somewhat interchangeable, like KYB AGX. Might want to ask in the older Legacy section for best feedback. :)

Best wishes and welcome!

I have a 97GT wagon now (waiting for the`06 GT news). I upgraded to AGX Adjustables. These are great; offering what I need for spirited street driving. I tried the Perrin springs, but they dropped it too low for street driving, so went back to stock springs. I have the IPD adj rear bar which has made a big difference; corners much flatter.

At the same time I upgraded the front brakes to WRX calipers and rotors with Porterfield RS4 pads. This has made a HUGE difference in stopping power. The stock WRX brake set up was nearly free as I got them from a shop that upgrades WRXs. They bolt right up after you add a $40 bracket.

www.rallitek.com did the work in Portland, OR

KYB AGXs (for the 93-01 Impreza) fit perfectly and match up well with H&R sport springs or the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs.

FWIW - I have a set of KYB AGXs (used about 400 miles) that I bought from another Subaru guy and a brand new set of Eiback Pro-Sport (still new in the box) springs that I'm selling. Was going to put them on my 98 GT Sedan but have decided to sell it stock instead. PM me if interested.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived