LegacyGT.com

OPINIONS needed:clearing headlights/painting and wheels

LJ08GT

Hey guys i am looking for some advice/opinions. I just got my 08 LGT 3 weeks ago and am loving it so far. I wanna do some things to make it "my own". What i am thinking is the car is obsidian black pearl with black interior. The wheels have curbage and i have a friend that does wheel repair and he's gonna fix them and paint them for me. I DEF want the wheels to be the BRONZE color that ROTA has. I think it will will look sick on my OBP car.

What i need the advice/opinions on is the headlights. I want to clear the amber lens from them and also thinking about painting the inside of the housing, but leaving the "chrome" rings. I am thinking either black or paint them the same bronze color that the wheels will be. With the car being black i don't know if the lights being black would be too much black and i am not 100% sure on how the bronze will look in the lights. Any advice/opinions will be appreciated.

there's lots of pics and help/hints in the big headlight clearing/blackout walkthrough thread(s) for each option (save the bronzing).

i went with a different color too on the inside of the housing (matched the grill), but i wouldn't stray too far from black/gray tones.

welcome & congrats on the car.

yeah my buddy that will be fixing/painting my wheels suggested matching the headlights to the wheels. I am not 100% sure thats why im looking for opinions. Also if we did black in the lights i don't know if that would be too much black. I don't know

• 2 weeks later...
this is what i'm thinking now. Bronze wheels for sure. And i'm gonna clear the corners of the headlights paint the housing black and then paint the projector ring the same broze as the wheels to tie them together. What do you think?

Archived