LegacyGT.com

Need some info about first gen Legacy EJ22t

I didnt know where else to go to but there is a 93 Legacy SS for sale in my area and my friend wants to buy it. Its got 176k miles on it and one of the cleanest ive ever seen except for the typical rust bubbles. I know the EJ22t is claimed to be the "bullet proof" motor but is there anything he should look for? any known "defects" or anything like that? he has to commute around 40-50 miles a day for school next year and all he cares about is the fact that the car will last. Thanks guys.

Heres the mod list regarding the engine components from the ad

Modifications – Engine/Drivetrain:

· Joe-P MBC set to Approximately 12psi (~$50)

· Magnecore Competition Spark Plug Wires (~$90)

· D.E.I. Thermowrapped Turbo and Downpipe (~$55)

· WRX Top Mount Intercooler (~$100) not installed

· HKS Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve (~$200)

· VRG3 Fuel Cut Defender Wired into ECU so car can run unlimited boost (~$50)

· Full Stainless Steel 3" Turbo-Back WRX Exhaust, Custom Modified for the Legacy (~$650)

· Factory Down-Pipe port-matched to turbo

· "Uncle Scotties" Cocktail Tranny Fluid Mix (50% Prestone Synchromesh Synthetic Transmission Fluid and 50% RedLine MT-90 Transmission Fluid)

· Shifter linkage bushings

· Brand new Front Driver-Side Balljoint

· Subaru Turbo Exedy Clutch Set (~$176)

· WRX Shifter Linkage with Chopped Shifter (~$100)

If it's the one for sale in Milford, I have some reservations about that one. Just the MBC set over stock settings with a stock turbo would be a concern.

If this is a car he's looking to use as a daily driver, I'm just not sure this would be an ideal choice.

The body is in great shape though, but it's what has been molested within which makes me wonder.

yes its the one for sale in Milford. ive seen the car myself and it runs nicely. my coworker is a friend of the owner and he vouches for the car heavily.

should my friend decide to go with the legacy ill be test driving it for him so ill update if i see anythings wrong

Archived