LegacyGT.com

From a 40 to a 46

I have an 05 OBXT and my VF40 blew(oil starvation). I purchased the AVCS oil feed line to elimanate the banjo bolt filter. I am going with a VF46 turbo. I already have an up pipe and a Cobb DP. Now I understand that without software the car will be way out of parameters. So I am going to be getting a Cobb AP. With the 46 being a stock turbo, everything would basically be stock with an UP and DP and I should be able to run the AP for the 05-06 and be ok right? OR will I need to swap over the VF40 restrictor pill into the VF46, or can I keep the VF46 pill in and the software will cover the possible extra boost?

Bump for a better answer than mine.

I think you would be able to run an off-the-shelf Cobb AP Stage 2 map with that setup - even with the VF46 instead of the VF40 - but it probably wouldn't be your best choice. I have not edumacated myself on the subject of pills, so somebody else will need to weigh in on that. Your best bet would be to take the money you were going to spend on the AP, and instead use it for either a Protune or Infamous1 e-tune. (Or better yet, drive down to Moreno Valley for an Infamous1 road tune. That way you know that the engine mapping is set up correctly for your exact engine performance and modifications, and any of these options are cheaper than a new Cobb AP, anyway.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

This sounds like a prime candidate for an opensource tune, it'll be much better than the OTS map. There aren't any OTS tunes that will be specific to the mods you have on your car. Yes, they will improve it and make it safer most likely, but a custom e-tune will be the best possible one short of a dyno tune.

Much cheaper too.

Archived