LegacyGT.com

ACT LWF - possible problem

LittleBlueGT

Good luck with UPS. Don't give up the fight. I fought them for 6 months on a $500 amplifier being damaged and finally won. They packed it, insured it, shipped it, damaged it, then denied the claim. Yep, you read it right, I paid them to pack it, and it was deemed "improperly packaged" and my claim denied. You can't make this stuff up. Keep after it and good luck.

2mm should not cause contact. I just dont know how "tight" the valves were?

-30c? FACK! I knew a couple of guys from Edmonton. They used to joke about -30c. I guess it was no joke.

Sounds like this has been an experience all around. I feel for you. I seem to have the same "luck" when it comes to these things.

FWIW the worst valve was off by 0.4 mm. Not sure how this mix-up happened, but it is all good now.

^ Yes. Thats why I am surprised that 0.4mm caused such a problem. Goes to show how touchy the motors are. I dont see how you could have contacted the piston at such a small deviance. Makes me think I should get new feeler gauges. I am sure mine are a little worn from use.

^ Yes. Thats why I am surprised that 0.4mm caused such a problem. Goes to show how touchy the motors are. I dont see how you could have contacted the piston at such a small deviance. Makes me think I should get new feeler gauges. I am sure mine are a little worn from use.

I guess it was enough to cause no compression. Keep in mind it is less for intake valves.

Not much. But yes, you obviously were not compressing enough to get combustion. Good thing once its set it does not need constant checking and adjusting. Like an air cooled Honda.

I am not the biggest fan of setting valve clearance on shim under bucket motors. So many years of rocker arms and then all the sudden I need a chart and a calculator to set valve clearance. Plus a box of EXPENSIVE shims.

I sound more and more like my old man every day. "Back when I was younger..."

Archived