LegacyGT.com

To those of you I was working with...

Hey guys... It looks like my attempts at trying to play the big volume game are not going to work. The dealership owner (we're a small family run place) doesn't see the value in whoring out a couple cars a month to try and compete with the guys that don't care about Subaru. Now... I agree that the cars deserve to make some money, it's already a steal of a price for what you get... But I figured I'd try to work something out for the guys on this forums and I'm afraid despite my best efforts that it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Anyone in the area... I'm always glad to help you out and give you as good of deal as I can. However, I'm never going to be able to compete with the all mighty "FitzMall" because well... we're not some megastore giving things away for free and making it up on the back end, etc.

To any of you waiting on prices.. basically take invoice and subtract the incentive for this month and that's it. They're just not interested in bringing in the out of state business at a loss. Despite what some people think on here... it costs money to sell cars (Typically $1000/car for small dealerships) so they can't justify the stupidly low prices Fitz can advertise. :(

Anyways.. thanks for all the interest and I'm sorry I couldn't be more accomodating.

Hey guys... It looks like my attempts at trying to play the big volume game are not going to work. The dealership owner (we're a small family run place) doesn't see the value in whoring out a couple cars a month to try and compete with the guys that don't care about Subaru. Now... I agree that the cars deserve to make some money, it's already a steal of a price for what you get... But I figured I'd try to work something out for the guys on this forums and I'm afraid despite my best efforts that it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Anyone in the area... I'm always glad to help you out and give you as good of deal as I can. However, I'm never going to be able to compete with the all mighty "FitzMall" because well... we're not some megastore giving things away for free and making it up on the back end, etc.

To any of you waiting on prices.. basically take invoice and subtract the incentive for this month and that's it. They're just not interested in bringing in the out of state business at a loss. Despite what some people think on here... it costs money to sell cars (Typically $1000/car for small dealerships) so they can't justify the stupidly low prices Fitz can advertise. :(

Anyways.. thanks for all the interest and I'm sorry I couldn't be more accomodating.

So the no haggle offer is invoice less 1500 (assuming self financing)? Thats still in the ballpark of fitzmall as their prices range from 1,400 to 2300 below.

Well, edmunds is saying Invoice for a LTD is $26,452 (minus destination charge), so that puts you guys in very close range to fitzmall.

On your website, you've got VIN # 4S3BL676256215235, RBP/blk 5spd LTD. What would that go for? (If you still have it on the lot). (PM me if you need to).

How did those words get to be "BOLD". lol. I didn't put that there.

Ah but you can't go minus destination charge... They charge us that fee so we have to pass that along.

Invoice $27506 - $1500 = $26,006

I wasn't meaning for you to minus the Dest Chg. I guess I chose bad wording....I should have said "not including" Dest Chg. Sorry. So you could swing that specific car for $26,006 (+TTT&dest)?

zmarko,

If it helps any, I think crazyhorse's 26006 includes destination, but not dealer prep. Destination is included in Edmund's invoice calculator, but not dealer prep. That would be the only final negotiation point. I usually will give the dealer this profit item as I know what it takes to run a business and their margins are not wide.

crazyhorse,

I have been following your posts and it is too bad I don't live in NC. I would gladly give you a sale over a high volume dealership. I am not really in the market, but I have been thinking of any reason to get rid of my 2002 Acura TL-S. I was lusting after the WRX-STI for a long time, but that won't work as well with my family situation(two kids in car seats and a wife that thinks the STI looks like a kids car). Given this I have gained interest in the Legacy. Maybe someday soon I can cinvince her that it will fit in the budget to get a new car. The prices right now are quite enticing, but the allure of the 06 is right around the corner.

Be Well,

Mike

Thank you for the kind words. I do come across a bit as an arrogant annoying bastage on the internet sometimes but I promise I'm a nice guy lol :) Hope you manage to convince the wife to get the new car! My dad somehow managed to sweet talk mom into letting him get it and he's loving it. You won't miss the Acura.... ;)

Marko: that price included the destination... the only fees not in there are state fees and our dealer doc fee of $395 (I hate doc fees so feel free to beat me up over it because I think it's crap for people not in the state. If you service your car at our place you get 10% off so it's worth it... but otherwise... well... not my call I'm afraid)

CrazyHorse, I feel for you man! We have a fitzmall down here and they advertise stupid low prices but I normally get the customers back as they try and hit up the customers for more money when they are in the business office. I have won two deals from them this month already but also I have lost a couple as they told one customer that you only get the Customer Cash on a XT Forester if the dealer has the vehicle on the lot. I had told the customer that we would dealer trade for the color they wanted but the slick salesguy at Fitz lied to them and I lost a deal. Cant win them all I guess.

Oh and to hi-jack yer thread a little bit, our Dealer/Admin fee is only $298.50 :p . Its printed on the Buyers Order and even I have to pay it.:eek:

David Cardwell.

Internet Auto Sales.

813-880-5966 Direct line

813-884-7513 office

813-885-7160 fax

800-683-2532 toll free

www.MastroSubaru.com

www.MastroWRX.com guess.

Oh and to hi-jack yer thread a little bit, our dealer/admin fee down here at Mastro is only $298.50 :p

Mastro.gif.f0eab746862058766b68d8f18820c336.gif

Post whore ;) They raised our admin fee a while back but they do give 10% off parts and service and a few other perks. Plus I can whore out aftermarket parts since we don't officially sell them here. Pretty much give wholesale on aftermarket stuff to my personal customers as a thank you. Believe me... I wish we had the aftermarket support you guys have down there lol

Archived