LegacyGT.com

Anybody lower with 42 offset rims?

91SS05GT

I just put on some 18x7.5 rims with 42 offset and 225/40-18 tires. Looks to me like they will hit the front fender if I lowered it. Anybody with info on this. I would hate to put $1700 into coilovers(and swaybars, package deal) and lower it only to find out I need new wheels. Well I guess that wouldn't be all bad. Thanks.

283278708_smlWheels3.JPG.37b4f1bb5632643f712e7f519cf50966.JPG

I may make you a deal - I have 18x8 SSR comps with 51mm offset and they just rub my coilovers and I need less offset. Expensive wheels that don't fit suck.

One way or another I have to buy new wheels - my SSR comps have 0 miles - they did not fit when they went on but since I put tires on them I owned them - really sucked.

Charlie, what about a simple 5mm H&R hubcentric spacer? I run those on my MINI to clear my suspension, and also had them on my allroad. H&R make a great aluminum spacer, and I have never had a wobble. Cost is about $60 per axle, much cheaper than new rims.

I may make you a deal - I have 18x8 SSR comps with 51mm offset and they just rub my coilovers and I need less offset. Expensive wheels that don't fit suck.

One way or another I have to buy new wheels - my SSR comps have 0 miles - they did not fit when they went on but since I put tires on them I owned them - really sucked.

Chuck, Mine fits fine on my coilovers.. what tire and tire size are you using????

Btw, I have run 18"x7.5", lowered with Zeals, no rubbing anywhere.. here's my pic of the 18x8 +51mm SSRs AND my 18x.7.5" +42mm GTR9s:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/xenonk2828/GT-WHEELS/cc3c6a0a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/xenonk2828/GT-Pitt/Pitt-2.jpg

The rest of my rim posting is here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12101

Keefe

Hi

I have Zeal V-6's and 245/45/18 S-03 and they rub lightly again the struts in the front and the cusco sways in the rear. Factory wheels and tires work just fine, so my Winter M-3 are on still on the car - time to take them off.

I really should be at 8/18 rims for 245/45/18 tires.

I have looked for 5-10 mm spacers in our 5x100 bolt pattern and have been unable to find them - any leads . I could not find them on H&R but I maybe blind, Help !

Being an Outback i really don't have to worry about hitting the wheel well on the outside.

Even being lowered I have over a 2 in gap between the tire and wheel well.

Can I just get them machined and use longer bolts or is that too much load? Rememeber I will be running at about 100 ft-lb torque per wheel if not more .

I would say that if you can't find them from a distributor, call H&R directly, they will get them for you. Not everything is listed on their site, my MINI spacers were not.

I don't think there will be any issues with your torque being at or above 100, and doubt that you will have to worry too much about the hubs, since your power to your wheels will be more of an issue ;)

Keefe,

How much lower are you with the Zeals? I was looking at the GPmoto coilovers from IPD.

Brian

About 2" all around.. the front still has about a 1/4" bigger wheel gap because i need it for suspension travel for racing reasons.. the rear can squat as much as it wants, but I cornered balanced the car to the way I like AND to fit all my different rims and tires on the without having to keep adjusting the camber, toe, and ride height settings for different wheel and tire setups.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived