LegacyGT.com

Advice on missing problem

SpecB1011

I bought an 08 Spec B about 4 months ago. The car had a KN intake on it when i bought it. About a month ago i got a check engine light for the car running lean. All i did was clear the code to see if it will come back on. But since then if i drive full throttle in S or S# mode the car misses and the check engine light will start to flash. Can this be from the intake? And if so is it better to get a stock air box or should i just tune for the intake on the car? Also i have just purchased a Catless DP and the Cobb AP if that will help with an answer. Any help is appreciated.

The intake on a tune that doesn't account for the intake (like a cobb ots map) can be dangerous for the car. I suppose it could lean it out enough even on the stock tune but it's somewhat doubtful as the stock tune is really rich in the wot region.

My guess is the car has a tune on it and the intake was added after, or the car had a tune and the original owner unmarried his AP and left it with the intake.

If you don't have a stock airbox, I would install the DP and get a custom tune for your AP that accounts for the DP and the Intake.

See what code is stored also, but I would avoid going too hard into boost as it sounds like it is pulling timing due to knock.

Archived