LegacyGT.com

Something for you sticker junkies

OCDetails

I found a great eBayer if you are into vinyl. Check out this guy's stuff. jedimaster did some interesting stuff with carbon fiber vinyl recently and I started to think about other areas that could be customized. With the aluminum look or chrome look you could really do some interesting things. Even the diamond plate vinyl has some interesting application potential around the garage. Anyway, its out there if you are looking.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

What I think would look really nice is if there was a vinyl that matched the center stack and door handle trim to use around the vent and door release trims.

Hmmm. I wonder if the guy would send a small 1" sample or something.

It looks like this guy sells the 24" kind. 24" by 12" of any color is enough to do quite a bit. I'm thinking about getting some black vinyl and using it to black out the center chrome bar in the grille. Then I'll have the floating emblem look without having to disassemble anything.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Guest *Jedimaster*
I was thinking of doing the interior pieces in teh cf vinyl- not sure how hard it would be to get it to conform to some of the curves- would a hairdryer do the trick? It's be a lot more cost effective than something like exocti wood dashes offers- even their fake cf is just a set of pre cut stickers for 200 or so.

It would work for the most part probably. You might need to make a slice here and there to get the vinyl to wrap around the edges, but it could work. On some of the more intricate curves it would be a little harder, but I think it could be done if you had an afternoon to spend on it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

use soap and water before hand, then a hairdryer will help it conform to curves, i have a large roll of carbon fiber vinyl that i used to do the inside of a computer for someone (lol). Looks alright when finished...

Archived