LegacyGT.com

Tactrix 2.0 issues

B-BGTLimited

I've used my device multiple times before and all of a sudden I'm hit with this error. I noticed it when I would attempt to run Learning View to see how my car is running. Before a quick driver uninstall and re-boot/reinstall would fix it, but now I'm to the point where that is not working. I've completely removed my ECUFlash software as well as all the listed Tactrix drivers, Uninstalled the device from the port listing and reinstalled everything and I still get the same error.

[13:31:54.609] J2534 error [device not responding].

[13:31:54.609] unable to connect to vehicle interface.

[13:31:54.609] interface close

Here is the Error from Learning view.

[13:41:43.3125000] Learning View version 0.6a

[13:41:48.2812500] PassThruOpen returned 7 and DeviceID 0

[13:41:48.2968750] PassThruGetLastError returned 7, Message: device not responding

[13:41:48.5156250] COM10 open

[13:41:48.5468750] ECU Init

[13:41:48.5468750] WRITE 6 bytes: 80 10 F0 01 BF 40

[13:41:48.6718750] READ 0 bytes:

[13:41:49.7968750] No response to ECU Init

[13:41:49.8125000] COM10 closed

I have this just on my bench and through any program if I click read on ECUFlash, or connect on Learning view I would normally get a blink of one of the LED's And I'm getting nothing. They are just continuing to fade from blue to green to red... and back. I've tried different cables, and I've tried different ports.... Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to get my tuning ability's back.

Just tested it on a different PC and I'm able to get the "turn key on" message reported in ECUFlash when I click read. I can't even get that far on my laptop... Dammit... that means its the PC that's the issue.

Ripped all of the software off, including deleting any registry entries... Still no dice.

Yes, I disabled some start-up items including stuff for Acronis true image backup, and I knew that caused issues before with other items and I was then able to connect.

I'm now going back through and re-enabling them to see which one it was.

I did get the improper definitions as well, but when I started to look through things I found out that there was a Spec B. file that had almost the same ECU ID to it, I also saw a LGT inheriting Definitions from another Spec B. file that had the same difference in the ECU ID between the two, so I just made a new file that referenced the Spec B. defs so then I was able to use my file.

Easier to understand.... My Internal ID is A2UG000N, I'm inheriting Definitions from A2UG000L, ONLY because I saw another LGT file inheriting Spec B. defs with the only difference in the ID being the last letter from L to N (A2UI001N vs A2UI001L)

I've done stage 1 tunes and Copied the entire contents from another tune to mine, and everything has been working as it should so I know the inheriting of defs that I did do worked out right and the files were in fact the same.

Did ECU Flash tell you what your ECU ID was? I might be able to help you but yes definitely try using the updated defs for ECUFlash and Rom Raider.

You may have the same file as I do, or you could use mine. I'm using the most recent one available from Subaru for the 07

I am not sure if I saw the id....although I am very sure that it did connect because when I first plugged the cable into the port I must have kicked the usb cord out of it and ecuflash was saying "no interface found" or something like that. When I reconnected it and hit "read ecu" the screen populated with values. But when it was finished it gave me the dialog box regarding the definitions.

I will try downloading the defs and see what happens, they are from 2009 so I would think my 07 defs would be in there.

I have the same def's and I still had to modify it. The probably will not be there unless you still have the factory flash and that ends up being A2UI001N, Mine which was just the most recent Subaru file for 07 still... was not listed. Not all Defs are mapped out, I guess its a tedious process to make sure its 100% correct.

Did ECU Flash tell you what your ECU ID was? I might be able to help you but yes definitely try using the updated defs for ECUFlash and Rom Raider.

You may have the same file as I do, or you could use mine. I'm using the most recent one available from Subaru for the 07

I checked again tonight, the ecu id and other info on the bottom left corner is not populated. I reinstalled the ecuflash and downloaded the updates from 09, and copied them into the subaru folder in the program files. Still got the same message saying the rom was not recognized. It goes thru the read process like it is reading but then gives the error.

I also fired up romraider logger and it looks like it is not connecting with the ecu. Up in the upper right corner there is a red dot that just says "connecting to ecu", but it never does. I updated the RR files as well.

I have no idea what to do with it at this point. Anyone with 07+ who have done this have any ideas? What process did you follow?

I have the same def's and I still had to modify it. The probably will not be there unless you still have the factory flash and that ends up being A2UI001N, Mine which was just the most recent Subaru file for 07 still... was not listed. Not all Defs are mapped out, I guess its a tedious process to make sure its 100% correct.

I tried using the most recent version of ecuflash, the beta one, and it seems to have captured the vin, and ecu id, but then says "interface closed" and quits.

My laptop is running vista, that shouldn't be an issue should it? Also I guess I should verify that I am in fact plugging the openport into the right location. The only plug I see is under the dash facing downward, on the far left side. I think I will try using my work laptop with xp on it monday. I am running out of ideas....

Yes your using the right port, I replied to your PM. The most recent Def's does not mean your included. These were only written upon request and since 07's tuning were slim when they were written there aren't many mapped out. And now that the Def's god has been acquired by Cobb, I dont for see any more updates unless someone else takes over, but its been almost a year now and the whole OS tuning realm has been stagnate...

I don't know if using the Beta version of ECU Flash screwed up your unit, but I know it needed newer firmware, so hopefully you can go back to the old non beta version... That's what I'm using.

If you want to get your current ECU ID, you read the file and just save it, then try to open it with ECU Flash and when you get Unknown rom Image select "use wizard to create new definition" hit next, then select Copied from Definition below, select the 07 Legacy Spec.B (A2UG000L) hit next, and then your identifier will be displayed in the bottom box.

Now you can hit cancel. This is how I got mine to just figure out which one should be a match.

Archived