LegacyGT.com

intake manifold, and head question

dombek2k7

so, im 2 pieces away from stage 2... i have my sti cat less up pipe, spt intake, gimmick cbe, avo tmic.... an i was thinking... besides my manual boost controller, and my catless down pipe and efi tune.. would i be gaining by purchasing a different header and intake manifold? i did a quick search and didnt see anything i was looking to see what people thought of this idea, and if i would be gaining what is a good manifold and header to run?? im looking to get more power without replacing my turbo until it craps out. my goal with my car is 300awhp so i know with stage 2 its a rough 250+ whp so im looking to see how to get closer to 300awph.

thanks for the info if anyone throws 2 cents in

You will not get 300awhp on a VF-40. Intake will not make a difference until you go bigger turbo. Stock headers are great as is. I have GT Spec with the MR Catback and the car no longer sounds boxer. The only way you will get close to 300 is maybe with E-85, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/user/balrock01#p/u/6/m25eXp5IvUQ old tune

Go back in Saturday for results of the Infamous/FMIC tune.

If they had the LGT BNR HTA68 4 years ago when I bought my 18G, I would have been all over that instead. That woud be my current vote. I would just save for when the VF-40 dies unless you REALLLLY want the goods now. Just remember you will need a tune for all of it so I would not do a little here little there. My $.02

An aftermarket intake manifold is entirely obsolete in your situation. Generally, you wont look to replace that unless your pushing for a 35r or something of that nature in the future (which is also about 200whp more than your previously mentioned goal, and a hellllll of a lot more money to build around).

As for the headers, as already stated, not necessary but doable. IMHO, I prefer the grimmspeed ported and coated OEM manifold elbows over any aftermarket header. Cost a fraction of the price as well.

And lastly, as balrock said, when you do go looking for an aftermarket turbo, take the 68HTA into serious consideration. Either the original FP wrx style model, or BNR's hybrid LGT fitment model. Incredible low end and doesnt fall on its face on the highway what so ever.

GL man.

If the Crawford Performance STI uses a LGT Plastic intake manifold making over 500hp, then you dont need an aftermarket intake manifold

BTW That thing is fast...I saw it at SubieFest

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs773.snc4/67317_10150290631710506_657155505_15092112_6683272_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs793.snc4/67317_10150290631700506_657155505_15092110_3772934_n.jpg

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Archived